PNL 23° Baseplates group buy only 10 available

Yes, specially if it is the adjustable one, because those have lots of carve to them and need a lower angle through either risers or the adjustable Baseplate to be a rear truck in an asymm slalom style set up.

Im getting ready to order another set of tkp. Was gonna get 177mm hangars again but im willing to try something different. For what deck?

Could be any of these concaves. Particularly the one with the kick tail in the second to last pic.

2017%20dasher%20multishot dasher%20render Slalom%20capture%20new up%20and%20comers

3 Likes

9b427d4a9f5f89435824fa7ce6350fe45b4ae4bf_1_690x343 This is so sexy

1 Like

It is. And I’m the only person who’s ever owned this board. Besides whoever has it now with my Sk8 Kings Bennet choppers and my Tracker RTS 100mms. GRRRR First slalom trucks ever, and they are gone forever. I’m working with another member right now to rebuild this mold. Oh I have a new concave for it.

3 Likes

it sounds/looks like something you should like :drooling_face: this setup on the deck that @Skunk show just above !!

3 Likes

That’s a great set up for manualling, but the narrower trucks help with grip, and on a slalom board which isn’t being manualled at all and thus could move the width down by moving a motor rearward.

This is what you mean @drangboards? If you reverse one side and skip the crossbar you get this: IMG_20190125_200826

Figured out you can use the SR TKP 149mm with this setup, trucks in the picture are 177mm

6 Likes

Yeah, that’s the idea. Is that how wide the axles need to be with this motor offset?

Not sure what you mean, the truck hanger needs to be 149mm. Here it is 177mm, not using any spacers. The distance you see between wheel pulley and mount is what you can “get rid” of

1 Like

Can you flip those motor mounts backwards so that they can be a bit closer, with narrower trucks? The flange would go on the outside, versus on the inside as pictured above.

Then it would hit the belt

1 Like

ah yeah true

arrived perfectly, bombproof packaging, stoked base plate. DRAAAANG!

5 Likes

Oh man… think i know what im ordering from surfrodz next.

Adjustable base plates?

Smaller hanger tkp first. But im not seeing a 149mm in the tkp hex 10mm axles. I saw 177mm or 127mm. The tkp hex 8mm axles have 100mm 139mm & 159mm. But I’d rather run 10mm axles so i can get longer axles for pully bearings.

1 Like

I think the 127mm will work tho. @drangboards do i NEED adjustable baseplates both front and rear? Or just rear mainly?

Says so on the box: IMG_20190126_112410

Edit: ah, maybe it’s only with 8mm axles

2 Likes

You need a low angle is all. Depending on what your building deck wise