Pneumatic / offroad wheels, Anyone tried evolves on diy?

Ah thats a bummer, kinda wanna avoid touching any of the material of my truck.

Does that mean the bearing fits into a part of the pulley that sits on the wheel instead of inside of the wheel?(Not familiar with how the enertion pulleys work)

The part of the pulley that sits on the axle, I think.

Evolves trucks have a step down axle to 8mm. The bearing in the pulley is 10mm. The wheels still have both bearings. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/evolve-gt-wheels-sizes-pulley-setups/5485/62 Post 70

Anyone know if you can just buy the Evolve GT trucks separately to make things simpler?

You can on their website. I think someone did a build with them.

You can - I bought the hangers from evolve and a set of gullwing sidewinders - much cheaper. Just have to change the bushings to suit - standard gullwing ones are way too soft. Ollin motors fit perfectly

2 Likes

Oh sweet :slight_smile: Do you have a link to the trucks by any chance? I could only find spares for the first gen hangars

just search ebay - evolve Australia sold them to me, idk about evolve US. Could try the EU site?

May just be my eye measurement lacking but the gullwing you have on your board looks wider than caliber?

How are they to ride with? Never ridden Gullwing trucks

standard gullwings come in 9 and 10inch hangers - the evolve hangers are wider. This gives great stability as well. It’s just cheaper to buy the gullwings, then the hangers from evolve because they charge a lot for their trucks, they sell them piece by piece. Gullwing trucks are super carvey - not meant to ride at speeds greater than 30km/hr - thats why you need to ditch the standard bushings and try something a bit harder.

I actually just placed an order from my supplier in China on a 2wd off road longboard kit including 4 pneumatic wheels with pulleys, 2 trucks, 2 motor mounts, 2 motors and 2 belts. Basically everything we need! I will let you know if it is worth distributing :slight_smile:

@OskarCastrone Yes oh yes! do you perhaps have a link so I can check them out? :slight_smile:

@Jebe Ah sounds really nice to be hones, might try them out one day for the carveyness!

I dont have a link, sorry.

I will launch my webshop within a month or so, where this product also will be available - but it depends on the quality. If it is crap, I will not sell it. :slight_smile:

@Jebe Can you give me an Australian evolve link to the hangers you got? All i see are the older struts from gen2 and not gt. I can order it from Australia site and ask a friend to ship it to me.

Cheers

Can’t find a link either - I went in and saw them. Evolve HQ is less than an hour from me. Can your friend call them?

I will try to call them and see if they ship it. They may not sell it over the phone though. I will have to wait until it is online again.

Just tried emailing Evolve AU about ordering trucks but they said they usually only sell spare parts to customers :confused:

so tell them you are a customer !

Yeah they dont seem to reply to none-costumers. So write as you were one

In case anyone is wondering, it looks like its $30AUD per hanger and $25AUD per motor mounting plate plus shipping but they won’t setup the order until they can confirm ownership of a GT