Plug and play lipo bms kit?

Debatable but ok. I’ve done both and don’t find one easer than the other

1 Like

Well you do more series connections, 5 to be exact and the is more space to mess up, and you don’t mess around with lipos.

Funnly my first build was with lipos.

Wait what?!?!? I’ve been thinking about doing this myself. Must find.

I think its in a build thread and a recent one. I will do some research and get back to you

2 Likes

Explain please!

Its in here but its aimed at lion cells. Still a bloody good idea and if you can combine the namasaki thread info and this then lovely stuff

I like that idea a whole lot. Thanks for the search. Any input on what c rating on a lipo pack to use. 20 to 45 is the range I see most. Thinking about getting 2 of these and maybe adding a 3rd down the road.

Most c ratings are over exagurated by a long shot. 30c will actually be like 10c. Id say min 60c.

Even 10c is 50a at 5000mah lol

1 Like

I don’t use lipos in esk8 tbh but that namasaki thread has it all. From what i can gather though 40c minimum.

1 Like

That’s also true. You should be fine with that pack @venom121212 Edit: especially if your putting them in parallel it should be more than enough.

Looking at doing a charge only bms if you can recommend one. Do you have any thoughts on the linked battery above?

If you watch the video you will see that he pushes the balance wires into the male ends of the jst connectors from the battery. He then hit glues them to stay in place. Just solder the damn wires!

2 Likes

Mabye it was for demastration purposes lol

nah, that guy was on the forum last year and had a shitty “company” for a while. The pictures on his site were literally taken from the Just Pictures thread! :joy:

Edit: morale of my story, he is and idiot

I just skipped around all over the video looking for hot glue. 20 minutes of bumbling and mumbling, don’t have the time and energy to sit though it. Couldn’t find any, but he took the bare end of the bms balance wires and stuck them into the jst of the lipo balance connector? Yow.

1 Like

The reason I did five 2s instead of two 5s was to keep the battery as thin as possible for maximum ground clearance under the deck. I agree with you though, it would be less work to put two 5s together.

As for the C ratings, many of us have come to the realization that the C rating x capacity does not give a accurate max current rating. For example, my 5ah 60c Lipos are no where near capable of 300a. They start sagging at less than 50a They are good Lipos with very low internal resistance. Only about 2 miliohms per cell. Look at these charts showing voltage drop at only 23a charts where run on only one vesc in a dual setup so I double the current.

2 Likes

the d140 bms from bestech is pretty damn good. i just wouldn’t use a 10s LiPo battery as they’re bloody huge. id be using either 2 5s batteries or 5 2s batteries

It’s going in a top mount box so if it fits it sits. Thanks for the input. I might pm you about wiring if I need further guidance

1 Like

Yeah he didn’t actually hot glue them in the video. He said he was going to. But at the end when he was actually charging, they were just stuck in there :joy:

1 Like