Plug and play lipo bms kit?

short answer, nein. very easy to make though. i can give ya a hand with schematics and whatnot

1 Like

Watching this thread for when I go to set up my 10s lipo and bms set up

1 Like

You guys are far too kind.

1. What’s a good c rating for a 10s hub street board (150 lbs mild to moderate hillage) ?
  2. What’s the difference between 5 X 2s batteries and 2 x 5s batteries of equal capacity?
1 Like

Oh no pretty much all of them require some type of soldering, if that’s what you meant.

Well I believe most of us are smart enough to make are on corrections.

Oops replied to the wrong person, was meant for j dizzle

1 Like

Edit: I used this as a guide for my lipo build. Honselty the best thread for lipo related build/questions

Well having 5x 2s means having 5, 2s cells in series and 2x 5 means having 2, 5s cells in series or some people refer to it as the same

Also 20c means capacity times c rating

So 5s 5000mah 20c means 20x 5 which is 100a

And basically no difference if there the same capacity

I’m handy with soldering so it shouldn’t be a problem

2 Likes

Man get outta here with this please haha. I’m asking on a much more technical level. I know cell configs from lithium ion well.

1 Like

Haha was woundering why you were asking such easy questons

1 Like

Yeah I dont k now if you’d see a profomance difference between the two but you can make a slimmer pack if you go with 5x 2s lipos

What kind of hubs are you using

It’s way easyier to do 2x 5

60-80a is always safe. standard vesc 4s are pretty happy at 40a battery amps so if you’re running dual an 80a bms is fine. thats if you want to discharge through the bms. the charge only bms can be anything as long as it’s rated to charge at your desired current

3 Likes

Read that namasaki thread, its gold but somewhere on here and I can not for the life of me find it is a clever bastard that has built a charger with a built in bms so you don’t need one in the enclosure. Thought I bookmarked it but alas…

2 Likes

Debatable but ok. I’ve done both and don’t find one easer than the other

1 Like

Well you do more series connections, 5 to be exact and the is more space to mess up, and you don’t mess around with lipos.

Funnly my first build was with lipos.

Wait what?!?!? I’ve been thinking about doing this myself. Must find.

I think its in a build thread and a recent one. I will do some research and get back to you

2 Likes

Explain please!