Please help! My board won’t charge

The balance leads are normally positive and the battery minus is where you put the neg probe

Because I already check each p goup and the XT at the end of the battery and the volts match so the only thing left are the balance leads

Let me go grab one of my boards and I’ll take pics for you

Ok i didn’t know

1 Like

Yes please I close my board but I’m opening it again her I really want to learn

Ok my board is open again

Ok, so this is a 4s Lipo but in theory the wiring is the same.

The white connector is an XH connector and that is your balancing connector. There is one pin per group that will measure whether your cells are balanced or not. Then on the left the XT60, on your board I imagine its an XT90. Depending on how the battery was made, you will have as many wires on the XH connector as you have S cells or one more. Either way, if you look at the connector from the bottom where you can see the pins like so:

In this example, the battery is a 4S and there are 5 pins. So the top pin is 0v, then 3.25v, then 6.5v, then 9.75v, then 12v at the bottom. If your xh connector only has as many pins as there are p groups, then you will be missing the top 0v pin and you will measure against the negative on the xt90

Then the bottom pin should always be at the same voltage as the positive of your XT90 connector.

E: The xh connector goes to your bms. Check the pins there. Again, pin to pin, you should be seeing 3.248v and between the positive pin and ground you should see the same as between pos and neg on xt90.

Let me know what each voltage is showing please. The more detailed the better.

2 Likes

The connectors that go here is what you need to measure. These are the balancing connectors. Apparently it is split in two in your board.

This is what I got image

1 Like

And those were taken at the bms connector correct? If so you can rule out the battery and the BMS is the faulty one

Does your BMS have a different spot for your charger and ESC or do they come out the same spot? Does your BMS have a switch? Can you link the specs of your BMS here?

What is this? image

Yes they where and I get the same read out from the p groups 2

It’s a d140 it’s charge only thanks so much I’m so happy I learned all this today thanks And those are connectors I don’t remember the name but I will put a link in the morning We use them here on the boat image image image image image image

Here you go Wago (25) 221-412 (25) 221-413 (25) 221-415 Lever-Nut Assortment Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018MGMFDI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Vd95Bb3E1FKCA

What do you use them in your board for? Could they be part of the issue? When you connect the charger, does the voltage on your battery XT90 change?

For the charge port so when I take of the cover it’s easy to remove So I should replace the bms roght ?

Yeah. I think thats the best course of action. your charger is fine, your battery is fine. The bms is really the only thing left.

Yes!!! I feel good image I put it back I’ll order a bms on Friday thanks so much Now time to sleep thanks again

2 Likes

It was a faulty bms hehe thanks everyone image image

1 Like