Planning a first build, Help? | FOCbox Unity | Trampa Holypro | DieBieMS | Dual Torqueboards 6380 | Firefly Remote

your link not working :wink:

Fixed :slight_smile: 10char

1 Like

So now im considering at a charge only implementation for the BMS. Hoping to find something reliable. …unless @JTAG has some suggention to run DieBieMS at higher Amp discharge? :wink:

You got any updates on actually making this build? Curious to see how the 12s8p enclosure fits woth 8" wheels as im planning a similar setup but with 5" wheels, worried about clearance

Still fund collecting :confused: unfortunately a student budget isn’t esk8 friendly

However, if it’s any help, when I think about the builds that I’ve seen, I can’t imagine the DS (12s8p) enclosure on 5inch wheels if you’re using the trampa trucks. But that’s just speculation.

Just found some more pictures of single stacked 12s4p battery packs on the underside and someone’s build and I think the clearance would just be a few mm from the ground with 5" wheels. thought about using fatboy 35° risers for normal longboards and just reversing them to change ° of the trampa trucks and adding risers. Not sure how that would go or if its possible. Reluctant to use pneumatic wheels for my build since I’d rather use urethane for the benefits of those and longer range vs pneumatic

I don’t think you’d really reap any benefits from that (the riser idea). To be honest, it wouldn’t even make sense going for a trampa at that point. What range are you hoping for? You’d definitely lose range with the pneumatic wheels, but hell, you’d still have decent range, especially if you ride conservatively and on friendly terrain. Or if range is a big concern, you could drop the s-count and increase p-groups. I know people have put gummies on a la Croix, which is a single stacked, maybe check those builds out? might serve for inspiration

Purpose of it would to be increase clearance, and tbh not even sure how much clearance I should be going for i would think 1 inch is enough for riding on roads and bike paths. Since its 12s8p im trying to get 60 miles conservatively, and if pneumatics were my option itd be even less. Probably just gonna have to try slapping a bunch of risers maybe 2x 1/2 inch risers on it I guess more shock absorbtion anway. Guess thats my go to solution till I get to it

Okay man, you do you, just be careful with risers. The higher the centre of gravity, often the more unstable your ride will feel. Not to mention that, since the trampa lacks concave, and if you opt for no bindings, you may find yourself feeling like you’re about to fall. But I get the situation you’re in, and I hope you find a constructive way forward!

center of gravity is something I thought about with this, I am concerned about and that is why I am opting for bindings, not sure how much of a difference it would be since it still wouldnt be as high as 7+ inch tires currently I dont see many other solutions to my problem :frowning: thanks though