Picked all the parts just need the battery help please

Im on a budget and these are the parts i picked out, im ready to order (I think I am)

Motor: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-190kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html

ESC: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/vesc-the-best-electric-skateboard-esc/

(worried about the 15A it can not provide, will it make a diffrence?)

Pulley & belt http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DIY-Electric-Skateboard-ABEC-Flywheel-Pulley-Kit-15mm-Wide-Belts/352102591845?rt=nc&_soffid=5023314104&_soffType=OrderSubTotalOffer&_trksid=p5731.m3795

(i guess its good)

Making my own mount, Id like to get about 15km/10miles minimum and around 25 km h coursing speed out of this, what can you recommend me i read a lot about batteries and its so complicated!! there are unlimited number of options.

Can you please just link me to some batteries, these items cost about 200$ im planning to spend a maximum of 300$ for this project im tight on the money :confused:

Also I guess that the esc will be working on his max performance the whole time, will it die since I have red a lot of threads in wich people are saying that their esc have died.

ONE more question, will I be able to normally ride the skate (push) without damaging anything?

Acido,

I run two Zippy Compact 4500 mAh 35C Series 4S Lithium-Polymer batteries. I run these batteries in series, creating a total of 8 cells. 35C should be a high enough discharge rate for high speeds. They can be purchased here. I believe that you will need a transmitter and receiver to go along with your setup as well. I am not sure if your VESC will die if it is on max performance all the time. Be sure to use a receiver case or insulate the unused pins on the receiver with shrink tubing. It is still not proven if you can ride the board normally without damaging anything.

This is an awesome battery. It has a built it BMS and comes with a charger. It is a good price for its power. I would just get the 12s2p unless you really need more. https://miamielectricboards.com/shop-1/stealth-packs

That battery almost costs as my whole skateboard, i do not have that much money

That worries me, a lot since I do not want to build it if it is going to damage itself alone

Acido,

The board should not damage itself alone, as I have manually ridden on mine, while it was on. If you have your VESC turned off, or if the batteries are not plugged in then it shouldn’t do any real damage. I have ridden my board like this before and I have not noticed any lack of power or battery life. You should still double check with another forum/thread though. Also, if you would like to run your board for ten miles, you will probably need more batteries if you purchase dual 4S LiPos. Although, you still need to get a Lithium-Polymer balance charger if you do not have one already. I have never really counted the range of my setup. Do you have a transmitter and receiver for your build?

I will try to use a transmitter and a reciever from a broken rc car (servo is dead)

Do not know if this is possible but i will try.

Also I will make a master switch for all the electronics, if im right if you spin a motor it creates electricity…

Acido,

You should be able to use your transmitter and receiver from an rc car, as my setup runs off of an older rc transmitter and receiver. If you don’t use XT-90 plugs or want to manually push your board without power, a master switch is very useful. I used to have my VESC set up so that when I let go of the throttle, the board would roll freely. This was useful if I wanted to manually push my longboard without turning it off.

This is great to hear, what is your vesc?

Acido,

I have a VESC 4.12.