Photon Remote: Best DIY remote?

Yeah I know pshaw, he’s a great pilot and was there at the beginning. I was the Flight Director for the 2015 drone nationals and been flying fpv since 2009…damn, it’s been a long time now…almost ten years…but I’ve been skating longer…

2 Likes

Damn! It’s been 3 years now…

That was the most fun Fpv has ever been. We didn’t get to fly the course hardly at all, everyone was confused as hell, but for some reason it was the most fun.

No one was all buthurt and serious. We all just were a bunch of people that shared the same passion.

I miss those days man

2 Likes

nice to see some fellow FPV people! Still have my dragon link and EZUHF for all the long range wings pre 5" fpv racing quads.

2 Likes

I never stopped lol https://youtu.be/hjwz_fL0Zhk

any updates to the remote? :slight_smile: @Wajdi

Me either, I just don’t make videos anymore lol… to lazy

It does take a lot of time and energy to put those damn videos together, but it’s like my medium of art, I really cannot paint, sing or do anything else so it’s sort of my outlet…building the aircraft from scratch, with your own design and engineering and finishing with a sick edit video is a fun process, from beginning to end…I’ve done it for so long and fine tuned it so well I don’t think I could ever stop…it’s like my therapy in a way…same with long eskate rides.Flying FPV wings is an addiction, something I cannot shake off, when I need to fly, I need to fly and I have the means…it’s no longer a dream for me to fly through the clouds or zoom around shredding the wind…I can simply go out and do it…it’s an ability I prize and value… I don’t think I could ever stop doing it…although I don’t have to do it all the time…there’s other comparable things as well, like drugs, sex, rock-n-roll and a good Napa Cabernet on top of a mountain with some Swiss chocolate and a nice view…most people don’t get a chance to live FPV or really get from it what I do…I guess making those videos is my way of sharing something they will never understand, it’s sort of like a big troll…like a “look what I can do, ha ha!” Flight brings out the kid in me. I think FPV would hook anyone who has dreamt of flight, if they ever had a chance to experience what happens in those videos…

1 Like

whats the verdict? is this a good remote? any reviews?

Yeah it’s a very good remote as long as you like to use your thumb. The only thing that could make it bad is the fact it’s not a throttle remote, otherwise it’s a great product.

My remote just broke, had enough and pulled the trigger on this one, will report on it once I have it.

So, at this point pre-order only. Price $159.00.