Photon Remote: Best DIY remote?

i have the latest iteration, they just arrived the other day. I’m still trying to squeeze in some time to test them. Shits been busy, and then this morning i discovered glass frit and about shit my pants.

this remote is going to be the sickest shit ever once the kinks are ironed out, and i would say they’re well on their way to being ironed.

happy friday motherfuckers!

6 Likes

i’d be happy to test it out for you :wink:

2 Likes

You got your updated receivers?

yes, although i’m curious about the giant fucking antenna and what i’m supposed to do with it.

1 Like

Got pics??

2 Likes

i can post when i get home. they’re the size of wifi antennas. I suppose i could cram them in the box but damn.

1 Like

Wait wut lol

Is it attached by UFL or SMA?

Looks like SMA, similar to what’s on the back of my wireless router.

1 Like

If that’s the case it’s probably a UFL from the sma pigtail to the board… We can probably use small whips in it’s place…

That might be RP-SMA, does it have a pin or not on the antenna?

You should have it stick out the enclosure so you can constantly make tuning jokes

THANK YOU

Someone had to say it. This looks awesome as f*ck … oh, except it’s completely useless… nevermind

2 Likes

Thumbers vs trigger fingers is like lefties vs righties. There no right or wrong it’s preference. Doesn’t make it worthless.

Also sma or reverse polarity sma…doesn’t matter. The pigtail is easy enough to replace with a whip.

1 Like

maybe i should just run my antenna in the glass like the cars used to in the 80s and 90s. lol

2 Likes

Instructions below:

12 Likes

Port on receiver is an ufl connector, and the antenna port is an rp-sma. You can easily hook a smaller antenna if you want and it will work just fine. Also you can put the antenna inside the board enclosure, no problems. So far this is the best, most reliable connectivity I ever had. Here are some pictures:

3 Likes

2.4 tuned UFL 150mm whip

2 Likes

Yep, that should work just fine.

this is a simple problem to solve guys, lol https://www.ebay.com/itm/FrSky-Receiver-Antenna-15cm-/301993436502?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

ahhh you beat me to it @Deckoz