Penny Long / duel diag. 190kv 6364 motors / Psycho 60 mount / 10s / VESC / gt2b

please show me links to bent axles where people did the modification correctly!

I’ve just said that I’m not the first person to say that they’re more susceptible to bending when you remove some of the thing that is designed to keep them from bending, I’m sure we’ll all hear about it if it proves to be true in a year or so

this is all in your head. Just because other people are afraid of the same thing you can not believe it to be true. Show me actual prove of this “loss of structural integrity”!

the ones on miamielectricboards look quite like these ones HTD5 Motorized Longboard Pulleys for ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones - 36T, 40T, 9mm, & 15mm, 12 bucks doesn’t sound bad though. https://www.3dhubs.com/ is not bad if you don’t know anyone with a 3D printer and as soon as you find a good hub you just go there directly so no need to spend $$ on 3dhubs anymore :wink:

There is as well nice pulleys from http://alienpowersystem.com/product-category/cnc-kit/transmission-parts/ but they are just way too $$$

@itsmikeholland @Maxid I don’t really care, I don’t like to take stuff off my trucks, simple as that.

get off your high horse man, it’s simple physics. removing the material designed to stop something from bending is going to leave it more likely to…gasp…bend.

dude we don’t even know if that material is there to keep it from bending. They could stop covering the inner steel axle with aluminium but maybe choose not to because of design or manufacture reasons. It is not like you remove half of the axles aluminium - we are talking about the width of a bearing. As long as you can not prove me otherwise you are stating false information. Stop this. At least say “you think” that this might be a problem and don’t state it like a fact!

1 Like

I was planning on taking that very “thing” to the 3D printer down the road from me, their communication kinda blows though and I’m not sure what options I have regarding materials. It’d be nice if someone could sketch up a 12mm one, I feel like 15mm is gonna be too big for my trucks. For now I think I’m just gonna order the 36T aluminum pulley from diyelectricskateboards, though I feel like I can find it somewhere for under $30.

same goes for you! You don’t know that it doesn’t make it more susceptible, and we’ll never know till it happens to somebody who did it right. Just because it hasn’t been a problem yet doesn’t mean it could eventually be, and the extra precaution is worth noting, since it could mean having to buy a new truck and also a new pulley if the enertion pulley ends up being an issue.

All the evidence right now tells us that you are wrong. No enertion customer has shown up with bent axles (the original enertion trucks should have the same “problem” you are talking about). No raptor customer has shown up with a story about a bent axle. Until you have actual evidence of a problem you can not just assume there is one. Right now you are the one that has to prove me wrong not the other way around. I can not do anything besides showing you that people do ride them without problems - what else do you need.

I never said it bends the axle, I said it makes it more susceptible to bending. and like i said, just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean and can’t eventually be a problem after a year or so, and that it is a precaution worth noting especially while there are other options available in the same price point.

you are grasping at straws here. I know you don’t like enertion but you don’t have to try to find something wrong with their product just for the sake of it. Everybody on this forum tells you that it is not a problem to modify the trucks - you just don’t want to believe them. @longhairedboy does this all the time and can tell you first hand how it is not a problem - otherwise he would not do it. When you try to educate people you have to at least tell them that you “think” it could be a problem but that there is no actual prove of it yet.

Thanks for all the input guys. I think I’m gonna make a 10s System, and wait a bit to see if the diy motor comes back in stock. For the ESC, I’m going to buy the platinum VESC because it has a 1 yr replacement (to address the possibility of it failing).

As for the trucks, I appreciate the warning on being careful not to break them. I will be sure to proceed with caution.

You do realise that this is not due to a removed aluminium part of the truck? Just look at where that break happened. “Cum hoc ergo propter hoc” - I am done with this. You just want to believe this and there is nothing that will change your mind.

sells wheel pulleys that will fit Caliber trucks without any modification.

Come on man, youre being irrational. This is exactly the same situation with enertions pulley where the pulley has a bearing and requires the addition space to be made on the axle. It broke exactly where it begins to be just slightly weaker than the forces applied against it.

You can’t compare to a truck with a manufacturing defect…

Hey guys. sorry it has been awhile, I’ve been busy with school. I’ve been shopping for parts and stuff though. I ended up changing some components to save cash.

I got two sk3 6364 190kv from hk, and two psychotiller mounts. Im not sure if I should go back and edit the original post to reflect the changes.

Apparently, for the psycho mounts, I need a 255 mm belt (slightly smaller than enertions). Could somebody please tell me if this is the belt I need? I’m not sure if the teeth are the right shape

Im planning on using the enertion pulley’s with it, 15/36.

HTD is the tooth profile, so yea that’s the one