Paris European Meeting 11-14 July 2019

That’s a super cool idea.

1 Like

When are you planning to have it up and running? And what types of batteries will you be renting out (to fit which boards)?

My feeling is that the sooner you’re up and running the better so that we can attract more participants and, in turn, you can attract more business for yourself - we have a sponsorship program and you can have your own little place in the “vendors village” where people can meet up with you and get a fresh battery.

Drop us a line! :slight_smile:

that´s a great idea! If I can come, there is definitly no way around flying to paris. train takes like 3 days :sweat_smile: I was hoping for somebody rent/borrow me his spare lipos or order just a set from hobbyking and send it after to my parents in Germany or so.

2 Likes

I hope at the end of this month.

I have thought to build some 10s3p’s and 12s3p’s (for sure samsung 30q) but it can be difficult to build them according to the dimensions of the people’s enclosure. So I was thinking about a small pelican with velcostraps. So that people can but it between their legs.

Yeah I know about the vendors village, but my english is not that good :see_no_evil: I think also that not everybody knows that I am only 19 years old :grinning:

I am definitely going to wear a sweater or shirt with my logo on it so that I am recognizable and anyone who have questions about batterys can come to me :wink:

I will let you know if I want to borrow a small space.

@Andy87 What pack do you want? I can maybe work something out for you. So that you can rent a pack for a small price.

3 Likes

I‘m running mainly lipos. Size factor is not the big thing as long as it can velcron fit between my legs on a trampa. My issue with a 3p pack would be that the discharge is too low and everything over 3p is probably too heavy to jump. Non the less thx for your offer!

2 Likes

Hi, the latest update regarding the European e-skate meeting in Paris (July '19) is in. Hope to see as many riders in there as possible! :wink:

https://www.facebook.com/events/292512948120585

Unfortunately, and due to circumstances beyond our control, we are no longer able to host the event in Compienes. Over the last few days, after a titanic effort from the French team, we’ve actually managed to secure a better venue, closer to Paris and with the full support of the mayor of the town.

The main events’ location is now in Auvers sur Oise, a place better known for its connections with Absinthe and Van Gogh. We’ve managed to secure the roads next to the school area for the street events, a large compacted soil and grass area for the off-road and …drumroll please… a secret underground area! We’re super. super excited about these venues!

It’s great to see the amount of interest generated with potential sponsors so the good news is that we will have plenty of space to welcome all in the “Vendor’s Village”, including a testing area where yourself, your family and friends can check the latest industry developments.

We’ve also managed to secure electrical supply (you won’t run out of juice!) and toilets (the only time you’ll pee your pants in will be of excitement, when you arrive to the venue)

In terms of accommodation, there’s the Hotel des Iris and a camping place in town, as well as a cheap hotel (Lemon Hotel, 3 miles away) and a bigger hotel a couple of train stops away (Hôtel Restaurant Campanile Taverny). There’s also plenty of small B&Bs around and AirBnB alternatives. We know that this creates a bit of bother with cancelling/re-booking accommodation, so we do apologise for any inconvenience.

The draft Agenda is as per below, and we’re nearly ready to initiate contacts with sponsors, as we’re preparing a great sponsor pack. The event website will be up and running very soon, ready to receive your bookings.

Enjoy, Esk8FR & CarveUK

6 Likes

Oops, for some reason I’m unable to find the edit button on the first post, so I can’t update it with the latest. Can any mod help? Don’t really want to create confusion with out of date info in the first post… :-S

Cheers, Ricardo

If I remember right, after 3month you can’t make any updates/changes in the op anymore. You would need to ask the mods to change the rules for that thread. @mmaner @anorak234 could you organize that?

1 Like

Unfortunately only Jason can change that, and it’s in place to keep the forum space reasonably manageable. However, I have the ability to edit those posts at any point in time. @ricardo let me know what you want added and I’ll add it for you.

4 Likes

Hi @anorak234, thank you for helping out. The message I want at the start, replacing what is in there at the minute is:

" Hi folks,

ESK8FR and the Carve Electric Skateboarding UK group have joined forces to organise what will be one of the biggest (if not the biggest) European events of the year.

We are planning to meet up for a weekend of e-skating fun from the 11 to the 14th of July, in and around Paris.

We’d love it for as many e-skaters from other countries as possible to show up and make this the best event possible. We’re also obviously extending the invitation to the manufacturers, with different sponsorship package types available.

We’re a few months away, but it’s best to organise things with time. Please spread the word in your own groups and let me or @okp know if you’d like to help organising or if you want to share your ideas. We’ll waive any event fees for volunteers willing to help us for the whole duration of the event, so let us know if you’d like to help making this event a success!

PROGRAM DETAILS

We’ve finally came up with a rough budget and, because unfortunately great events like this have inherent costs (sound systems, generators, insurance, health & safety, etc) we do need to charge a small fee to each participant: €20 will give you access to the venues and activities, as well as to the “vendors village”. We’re thinking of making a run of t-shirts for the event for a small price, so do let us know if you’re interested in buying one.

Again, this is very much an event by the riders for the riders, so we’re not expecting to make any profit at all…

FOR VENDORS: we’ll be ready in the coming days with a sponsor pack, at which point we’ll be able to start contacts in order to organise your level of participation in this event. The sponsor package will come with a tiered system of participation, which we’re positive will be of your liking. Do note that this will be the biggest event this year in Europe, with vendors from all over the world already committed or very interested in taking part. You will not want to pass on this opportunity of showing your kit to the community and to check on what the competition is doing!

ACCOMMODATION DETAILS:

Auvers sur Oise is situated just north of Paris, so you’ll be within commutable range if you do choose to stay in Paris. If you do so, we’d recommend to stay north of Paris. Auvers sure Oise has a few places to stay:

• The local camping park, with plenty of space for tents and very reasonable prices;

• Hotel des Iris, small nice hotel in town;

• Hotel Lemon (Mery sur Oise/Cergy, 3 miles away), which is cheap as chips (£31 per room per night) but seems to have less than positive reviews;

• Hôtel Restaurant Campanile Taverny (a couple of train stations away), with reasonable prices;

• A few B&Bs in the area; also, AirBnB accommodation seems to be quite cheap in this area;

TRAVEL DETAILS

(For UK based e-skaters, Eurostar Train)

London St. Pancras - Paris Gare Du Nord

11th July 2019

17:01 - 20:17

Paris Gare du Nord - London St. Pancras

14th July 2019

19:04 - 20:39

More details coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/events/292512948120585

The event website will be up and running very soon, ready to receive your bookings!

Cheers, CARVE UK & Esk8FR"

4 Likes

Good to go. Have a great event!

6 Likes

Hi friends, Auvers sur Oise is really near to Paris, only 57mns from Gare Du Nord by train, the ticket is 6€.

2 Likes

yeah, in addition plan is also to setup some specific little events inside the event to make it even more fun.

Can’t wait to see all you guys to have a blast.

5 Likes

We really hope you guys will love this event! It’s going to be amazing and I cannot wait to meet you all :eyes:.

well, it was a super early 6AM morning wake up to go on site and I can tell you one thing. It’s just insane. I took a few rush but you’ll get memories for the rest of your life. We’ll add cinematic lights all the way on the track and also modules. You really don’t want to miss this.

teaser of the place for the all terrain event !

https://youtu.be/X3x2laLIg5g

14 Likes

that teaser … :grin:

Can’t wait to ride this !!

Will there still be 2 see 3 level pool of test participant?

2 Likes

Oh yes. Ill be there and I’m not bringing much clothing.

Lots of emphasis on mtb at the moment, dont forget us who cant do that please

4 Likes

Than learn it :point_up: You still have some month, don’t be lazy :joy:

3 Likes

@Slak here, did a tour of an off-road track in Kegel last year :smile: (at WheelGames 2k18)

… impressive besides I followed him at a good pace through the roots and grass not so shaved !

4 Likes

no worries, keep in mind that we have started from scratch this journey and build this progressively. Today we went super early in the morning to Auvers to meet the council and district representative. Setting such event in a public area take a huge amount of work and dedication, significant personal money and time including creating of an association to host it etc etc

We do it for the fun and huge envy to meet you all and have a blast together

For the all terrain, it’s gonna be perfect for an evolve board and have options for hardcore riders who ride “real” mountainboard.

the website will be up soon, but we really need all your support so this event can be

The street event/track is also going to be insane with some slide contests and carving/slalom with a great area for sponsors to give their boards to the test. We’ve secured a place today for it and it will be in a place which is in the center of the city. Huge public coverage and interaction.

Can’t wait !!!

13 Likes