Paris European Meeting 11-14 July 2019

@okp @ricardo @CarveBillyG @BigBrit I’ve been working on a T-shirt design!

Below you’ll see two options for the rear of the shirt, with another for the front. My initial idea is to have a large design on the back, and a smaller one on the front. Let me know what you think, any feedback is welcome. If we keep it to one colour (two maximum) it’ll make production costs as low as possible, as only one or a max of two screens will have to be made at the T-shirt printers. Screen-printing offers the best quality and lowest cost, especially if a few hundred shirts are being made.

ITS_ELECTRIC_TSHIRT_REAR

ITS_ELECTRIC_TSHIRT_REAR_OPTION_B

ITS_ELECTRIC_TSHIRT_FRONT

5 Likes

Thank you for your help mate!

If it isn’t too much effort, I’d make the tower smaller, include the title “Paris Electric Skateboarding Cup 2019” and have separate logos for CarveUK, Esk8FR and It’s Electric.

What are your thoughts @okp?

1 Like

well done. I’d say that from my standpoint, I don’t really care about having so much credits given to the organizers logos. I don’t work hard to get my movement/community logo or group logo on it. I just don’t care. It’s not about, me, esk8fr or whatever. It’s about the purpose of what we do : bring riders together and promote diversity / knowledge sharing in a special place (Paris/Auvers).

I would probably refocus it towards this purpose, the why : a global community of riders and builders meeting for a cup, a jam session, getting people together in an event called Paris Electric Skateboarding Cup 2019 hosting people coming from all parts of the world.

The t-shirt should reflect this identity so people get good memories. I will follow the approval of the community on what they think best represent this, for them; and be proud to wear it.

10 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys, I’ll have a re-think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome!!!

Trying to work out my schedule to see if I can make it even for a day. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Beautiful! Hope to see you there mate!

Hi guys, we made a quick video to answer the most asked questions about the event, I hope you enjoy it and let me know if you have more questions!

https://www.facebook.com/events/292512948120585/permalink/349677752404104/

6 Likes

The Event Program is finally out! Is going to be the amazing! Let me know if you have any questions…

See you there :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Pleased to announce that ElectricBoardSolutions is also giving out a Dual Mechanical kit as a prize (like the one in the photo) for all of you budding DIYers! Check them out at https://electricboardsolutions.com :sunglasses:

9 Likes

@okp @ricardo Updated Tshirt designs! I tried to take onboard what you both said, different ideas from both parties so hopefully there’s something there for everybody :slight_smile:

NEW_TSHIRT_REAR

NEW_TSHIRT_FRONT

Also, could the specific location names/addresses for the main events be published, please? I feel this will help everybody plan logistics and accommodation a bit better, cheers!

5 Likes

Really great effort! I do like them, but the only thing is that it has no mention of e-sk8.fr

I kow @okp does not care about it but, truth be told, the French collective has been fantastic in the organisation. Any chance you can incorporate their logo somehow at the front?

1 Like

Hello Ricardo, this logo is the old one :wink: We have a New one, will post it there. All the parisian riders are very happy to welcome you in july !

3 Likes

Hey dude, there’s an #ESK8FR hashtag. Look closer :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, completely missed it! ahah!

I’ll wait until @okp has his say and then we can give it a go. Rock on!

1 Like

I’ve asked @Toleg for the new logo as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t thank you enough, mate!

1 Like

Just having a quick coffee break and I added the ESK8FR logo. I also removed GET STOKED!.. because I’m not sure I’d wear a Tshirt that has that on it :rofl: @ricardo @okp Hopefully this design is OK now? If anybody else wants to contribute a design feel free, there is however limited time as they’ll need printing by the It’s Electric team ASAP for next month.

NEW_TSHIRT_REAR

Pinch to zoom / download / open in a new tab and zoom to see the details :+1:

yes i’ll try to made one proposal as soon i have the time to do it :sweat_smile: what is the font for “it’s electric” ?

1 Like

@okp will know what is the font type :wink:

@mrjonnyjones Well if I had to change a thing it would just be design of the “a” letter. It’s just personal opinion but I would make it symmetrical, like more “squary” (i guess you can say this word ? i don’t know xD)

I did this really quick just as an example of what I think about but you can do it wayyyyyy better if you got something to directly modify the font’s vector

EDIT : also the lightning strike made my OCD come back because of it’s position but I guess it’s just me x)

EDIT 2 : tried to solve my OCD :