Paris European Meeting 11-14 July 2019

Nice one Luke.

1 Like

yeah, Luke is likely to show off some beastie boards at the meeting, canā€™t wait to try them!

1 Like

Hi all,

Please have a look on http://www.pari-roller.com/ this is a weekly event on friday night that cross Paris for 3-4h session with security, supervisionā€¦ I used to do it for years, we use to see rollers, skateboarders, one-wheel ā€¦

2 Likes

Is that a bit like the iBike and Critical Mass rides in London? Maybe something to think about when weā€™re thereā€¦

Yes it is. it is free, with security to close the roads and secure the race, they are doing stops to take a breath, and regroup slower and fasterā€¦

have a look on the internet web site.

3 Likes

Iā€™m bookmarking the website.

Cup planning goes down in 10 hours right ? Iā€™ll impatient to see it.

Btw @okp can I bother you a bit with advices on how to laminate carbon ?

I havenā€™t had success with getting somebody to do it for me so Iā€™ll give it a try (and hopefully end up with something solid enough).

So far I plan to use Sicomin 3k sergĆ© 193gr sheet and Sicomin resin & lacquer + pressurized bag and a small airpump from an aquarium. Are Kevlar scissors mandatory ? Canā€™t I just use my Dremel?

Also is sandwiching 3d printed parts a good idea ? Iā€™ll make a PETG shape or HIPS.

Is the shiny finish just for looks or I need to polish resin so it is stronger (less irregularities)?

1 Like

I am really looking forward to the Paris event, the team have done a great job in organising it.

I sure am! Been working on some boards quietly for a long time getting them perfect and they ready to be released. Now I need to find someone who is willing to a do 40 mph + ride in real world conditions

3 Likes

I would say this Paris meet will be the place to look :wink:

4 Likes

lol!

I hear there will be one or two e-skaters around that weekend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I bet some would commit to 40mph+ run on a strange board for couple of stickers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Deal if I make it to the run (and if I got enough power for that). Mojitoā€™s on you after the race.

1 Like

done! ā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m all in.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s always the local beer, which Iā€™ve heard will not be in short supply !

3 Likes

we brought several friends to test, report back on the track. weā€™re preparing the track, so obviously the area will be more lighten all along the track than what you see on the video but itā€™s a blast.

6 Likes

I will dare @okp, I will.

3 Likes

hey ! a quick update as we are progressing. The website went through some slights updates of content and we are now going to open the registration. The main challenge we have is to get the funding to pay for the fixed costs, like safety, insurance (it cost an arm and a leg). We also plan to put some timers but it cost another leg but weā€™ll make it !

This is going to be a meet up from a global community; people are coming from everywhere and even some you tubers are also coming. This will be a good blend of what the community is about nowadays and I really like that ! All the money captured will directly go into the event. 100%.

In terms of sponsors that are giving prizes and supporting the event, Frederic from eBoard is joining and I also got an helmet from Ruroc as a prize. People from Arcboard are also going to participate and some other great names are coming.

Weā€™re looking to have an event t-shirt but you know, we are pretty bad at graphics or visuals. Website was already a nightmare to get it online.

We thought that it would be cool to reach out to the community for people to design visuals for the event t-shirt. All the sales will go directly into the event (100%) and the name of the winner will be written down on the t-shirt for credits and will get a huge hug party from all the people attending.

So, whoā€™s in to design some visuals for the t-shirt of this event?

The key drivers are obviously : electric riding, sharing, racing, community, van gogh (Auvers is Van Gogh city), Paris, Eiffel Tower and have to mention ā€œItā€™s Electricā€ and ā€œCarve UKā€.

Thanks folks !

10 Likes

Great work mate and to everybody else involved so far! Iā€™ll happily have a play at designing the T-shirt. Itā€™s worth noting that most T-shirt printers will need a CMYK 300dpi image to print good quality shirts.

Iā€™m also more than happy to donate Itā€™s Electric stickers for the event! Let me know if that would be welcome? Happy to sponsor too!

Cheers!

6 Likes

Hi mate, Itā€™s great you are willing to help out and possibly join what is now a really good group of sponsors! Iā€™ll send you a PM with some details.

In the meantime, Iā€™d also like to shout out to the community and see if anyone would like to volunteer to help us run some of the events, setting up the routes, etc. Weā€™re not doing this for profit and weā€™re definitely running on a shoestring budget, so anyone willing to help out is more than welcome. Weā€™d obviously waive participation costs, and throw in some small freebies to show our appreciation.

3 Likes

I am gonna volunteer , I am getting there one day early but I havenā€™t found any accommodation yet so donā€™t know where I will be staying I can help out with something (not out of kindness I just saw ā€œfree entryā€)

2 Likes