Paris / Caliber2 adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers! :-) 2nd Round GB_Closes on 30/06/19

Of course never talked about charity :grin: I would be scared in that case. Make it your business and keep it right is what I appreciate

I took the liberty of making a variation. I will probably get few more sets just in case. Mine will probably be old fashion style. I know I am a bit obsess with raw finish :laughing: Ah the number of sets is already ok so I guess around the end of the week I will close the GB and order all the stuffs

Base_Plate_Hammock_V7_Raw

11 Likes

57263990892__D1FD4EFA-0AFB-463C-9C41-163CA5D3F78E RenderedImage RenderedImage

ordering one set in raw, and one in black, pls :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I see we are talking the same language :wink: I will ask for the variation but shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

if the Alessio Hammock base plate in black works with the Haggy Bergmeister kit, like I think it will… let’s just say, I think you’ll sell quite a few as angled MTB/street hybrids emerge, like this one:

‘Haggy in a Hammock’ suddenly makes this ^^ tier-1 build accessible to everyone - no goofy Surf Rodz required.

BC7323E2-6C9F-49AB-AA16-6D93D2A2E75B

We’ll see what the combo can do here :slight_smile: Thanks again!

4 Likes

Thanks man. I honestly thought for a while about it and didn’t plan it to do it now due to other projects on going, but during simulation of my short AT I was staring those huge angled raisers I would have to use and said fxxk it, let’s do it. Well as @Riako suggested Kahua is Caliber based so should work. Don’t have one to test though but he will try for sure. I got Beigmeister but planning to use them with TB hanger. Probably black hanger to pair it with my DD, but silver Hammock

I see your bergmeister red looks red, which I like it. Just got it today and in my case they are a bit towards pink IMG_20190402_114148

The Matt black ones are simple gorgeous. Ama colour I am gonna use it for Hammock and MAD Fury DD. Love the black

2 Likes

Please please please make a surfrodz compatible version. I’ve begged them to do it for months and they just won’t apparently. These are beautiful man!

5 Likes

I’m in, looks awesome!

2 Likes

I am making for the other trucks because there was no one available and everyone has a Paris, caliber, randal, TB taking dust on a shelf :grin: Not sure is correct to make it for surfroadz, since they have their product. Anyway adjust it for them product won’t be difficult, just not sure is correct. In case more need it we can do a small batch to satisfy the need and not hit their market. I think the reason why they esitate is because an adjustable base plate cost them 3 time or more than a normal one and they can not charge that much to get the same money out of it. So not a great business for them Risers are dirty cheap instead.

3 Likes

Great! We are enough to make it happen.

1 Like

Absolutely agree. I started mocking up an adjustable riser wedge but it got too tall for my liking. The cradle design is the right way to go. Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Thank you…yeh I was staring to my design with super tall riser, then thought to put light in it to probably make it right in my mind but no way…all attention to details and then that piece of crap :joy: Low profile raiser are ok, but above 6-8mm are just a no no

1 Like

Anyhow going to create a GB pm today and start collecting money for the order. I will close the GB probably next Monday, but in between I start ordering all the parts so that when is closed the production can start immediately. We save quite a bit of time like that.

Surf Rodz really nailed the concept. It is pretty annoying how lackluster they are about getting product out there. But they keep saying they are going to do a run soon and we will have first stab at them.

I am just hoping we can get some confirmation on what baseplates the TB DD fits. If it fits caliber, I have to get a set of these!

I want to put the TB DD 4x4 90kv on a Kaly deck with Stooge race wheels. It would help a lot if I could use these instead of having to come up with something one off.

6 Likes

I really like surfrodz products but I have too many trucks be Paris and Caliber that I thought I have to make something for them. Standard TB will fit, I order them but the GB is taking forever…I hoped to have it now for test them but they should be Caliber based. I think before Surfrodz another brand made adjustable base plate but I can not remember who. Anyhow it’s a clever way to accommodate angled decks. It will be my first angled deck otherwise those things would have been out already for a while. Usually I build, always find something I don’t like it, then I make it and present it here :grin:

3 Likes

Anyhow I was wondering that if there are enough US order I could ship all of them in one package to someone and then you split them over there. I can ship 5kg for 40$ tracked. each pair is gonna be around 700g they said. so 5 pairs can go together and save a lot. Just an idea. I think your internal post is fast and cheap to use it.

1 Like

Just out of interest, would it be possible to make a variation of this for surfrodz tkp?

Of course not. @rey8801 is being cool though.

If they fit the dang TBDD, I wouldn’t mind recieving the package and redistributing

4 Likes

of course is possible but as i said before I do not know if it’s right. They have their product. We can think to do it for a small batch to cover the need but not establish it. THey also have patent on their product so don’t really know if it is actuall possible. It won’t be the same of course but I am not an expert in those things.

2 Likes

@Sender sadly they said it wont fit

1 Like