Paris / Caliber2 adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers! :-) 2nd Round GB_Closes on 30/06/19

What you posted for airflow will work great. I don’t think you need a hole big enough to push through… it’s an extra nice to have though, but totally not necessary.

1 Like

An alternative to pushing is measuring the height of pivot cups you want to be compatible and ensure they don’t sit perfectly flush, instead protruding by 1-2mm to allow grabbing them with pliers to pull them out.

Also, some hangars don’t protrude far from the top of the pivot cup, if not some sit flush on the top rim of the pivot cup. Having a flush pivot can mean hangars grinding on the baseplate when leaning, and that extra 1-2mm of the pivot cup protruding prevents those type of occurances. See pivot and hangar here for example: https://www.tactics.com/a/8gjt/9/randal-r-ii-150mm-50-degree-longboard-trucks-raw-silver.webp

This in gonna protrude 1-2mm with caliber pivot. Is already like that.

1 Like

Perfect!

10char

thanks for the help!

1 Like

Ok, I think it’s time. Sorry for the last 4 days with no updates, but I got a nice suggestion from @Ixf to take into account also the 0 degree for pure AT decks, like Trampa, with already 30 degree on their own. Therefore I started again from scratch, but I have to say, I like it even more now. Here the final features:

• Adjustable base plate from 0 to your imagination (actually even below 0 :grin: ).
  • Each step gives you 5 degree, so starting from 0 you have 5,10,15…
  • Paris, caliber 2 and TB compatible. Probably it will also fit caliber based hanger such as Kahua Haggy, Randal ecc…
  • Pivot cup base on Caliber II, and will accept Riptide caliber, Paris pivot and probably others. I intentionally left 1-2mm of pivot sticking outside the pivot cup to better support the hanger during turns and help with avoiding the two metal parts to touch each other.
  • Material strong Aluminium 7000 series.
  • Colour probably matt black with white logo as shown. I din’t ask but but probably is possible to get another colour, so in case let me know and we make a pool.
  • Holes for new and old school decks
  • It will accept standard Kingpin, the one coming with caliber is perfect. If you want to buy one stay on the short side since now the kingpin mounts reverse. The one from caliber is the max length you can use. Since is reverse you use way more of the length so it’s plenty to stack fat bushings too. Dual barrel fits perfectly.

Price 125$ for two base plate + shipping.

I wanted to do it shipping included but then the difference are too big and I would have set a higher price. Some examples: I am in Belgium For EU. Check your price https://www.dpdwebparcel.be/#/banner https://www.gls-one.be/nl/parcel/

Most of EU states fluctuate between 7-15 Euro (7.84 - 16.79$). Only few countries like Greece are more expensive, that’s why I couldn’t set a fixed price.

For US I asked and should be able to ship the pair for 21.27$ tracked, not bad at all. This price is probably the same for rest of the world, but the guy at the post looked a bit nervous after all my questions :laughing:, so didn’t dare to ask more.

The form to book your spot. The threshold is 10 sets. One is already taken :laughing:

Thank you all and I hope we make it happen.

Now the most important part the Hammock itself…in is I hope final version this time :grin: (The final version can still change a bit buy overall it’s done)

Some pictures at different degree from 0 to 50 degree. The hangers are Paris and caliber.

Hammock%20V7_0degree_ Hammock%20V7_0degree Hammock%20V7rear Hammock%20V7

IMG_20190402_083612 IMG_20190402_083407 IMG_20190402_083417 IMG_20190402_084027 IMG_20190402_083442 IMG_20190402_083457 IMG_20190402_083522 IMG_20190402_083537

13 Likes

I tag who took part at the pool, so that you get the update. @Mich21050 , @Linny , @Riako , @mixedcreation , @sk8l8r , @Blacksheep , @Ixf , @Excess , @Winfly , @topcloud

3 Likes

Only 10 in one post :grin:

@visnu777 , @deucesdown

1 Like

They look perfect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man appreciate. At the beginning I thought would be rather easier to make it, but actually the last version took me some time to get all the angles right. Happy with the result.

3 Likes

these look great! details added

1 Like

Already only 3 sets left to make it happen. You guys are great! Then leave a bit of time (4-5 days) for others to join and I will close it. We want them fast and we want them now :rofl:

3 Likes

4 Likes

:heart_eyes: GORGEOUS MASTERPIECE !
Thank you sir !!!

1 Like

Thank you all for suggestions and advice. I draw the base but you all refine it. That what I like about it.

3 Likes

That is very nice! sell me the design!

6 Likes

Ahaha thanks for the offer appreciate, but I won’t be me if I do it.

4 Likes

just kidding!

1 Like

I know :wink: What you provide allows a lot of people to get into Esk8 so I appreciate what you do.

3 Likes

Wow, Thanks for all yours support too. I do make some pennys by the way.

6 Likes