Paris / Caliber2 adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers! :-) 2nd Round GB_Closes on 30/06/19

Agree 100%. I mounted some matrix ones on my trampa deck and it was no big deal.

1 Like

Caliber trucks should be here tomorrow, sickboard is really fast :grin:

Since the design is mainly square based, then I thought this angled base plate will be sick AF :sunglasses: It will also make the truck lighter. I hope it doesnā€™t increased the price. (overall angles will be automatic chamfered at 0.5mm from the company thatā€™s why not present in the model).

Aestetich_V3rounded Aestetich_V3roundedrear

4 Likes

Neatā€¦ IMG_20190329_072936 IMG_20190329_072956 IMG_20190329_073016 IMG_20190329_073108 IMG_20190329_073338

I think the model is ready. I tested with original Paris and Caliber. Therefore should be fine for TB 218 truck. Randal. Probably Haggy Kahua since they are Caliber based. Basicaly the majority of hangers. It will allow to accommodate almost whatever angle. Every steps gives you about 5.5 degree adjustment, pretty good. I used Paris pivot cup style (the round one), since needs less high to keep the hammock shorter. Tried 3 different kingpin. Venom, caliber, Khiro. Bushings from Venom, Riptide, Caliber and Paris.

The base plate with accommodate almost all the skateboards, longboard, AT decks such as MTB and Trampa. I would like to have them soon, maybe we can run a small Beta GB. We need 10 sets (1 pair) of truck to make feasible. One is mine. So 9 to go. I will open the Google form and if we are fast we can have them before the end of April :wink: Of everything doesnā€™t change, but should fine, I can do 120 Euro shipped in EU and plus 15 Euro for US. Also rest of the world is possible and would be similar to US I guess. Just donā€™t know by heart. I hope we can make it happen.

4 Likes

Nice! One question, will the pivot cup size be able to accommodate lets say a riptide Caliber II cup? Not sure if the pivot cups are the same outer profile for the other brands.

Very cool. Iā€™m in

1 Like

I made a shape in between so It does fit the caliber style pivot but it will stick out few mm since is taller. The reason why I chose a Paris pivot style is because It can host both of the hanger really nice, so I did not see the point to stick to a caliber pivot shape.

EDIT: I test paris hanger to caliber base plate and it fits. If most want caliber pivot style I can make like that, not a big deal.

Nice, I will make the google form soon.

Had a talk with my friend engineer and showed him the model. He gave me some suggestion and I implemented them. Now the adjustable steps will allow about 2.2 degree correction. I think itā€™s amazing. After reading a bit I decided to modify the pivot to be caliber style since it can host both the pivot cup styles (@Linny thanks for the suggestion). I will test it tomorrow then I think we are there :wink:

Aestetich_V5

5 Likes

If itā€™s not difficult, Iā€™d recommend a quality of life improvement, a drill holes at the bottom of the pivot cup so that pivot cups arenā€™t suctioned in permanently, like Randals do. Even a small drill holes would allow easier removal of installed pivot cups.

3 Likes

ah sure indeed I broke my fingers those days in try and remove pivot cup :sweat_smile:. I will add it for sure. Super cool suggestion.

2 Likes

Done :wink:

4 Likes

Yes I have to swap the cup of the Kahua tu fit perfectly the PNL base palte, and it help a loooot ! Well play :wink:

A Mad Ride Fr: Image

And thanks to your friend Alessio !!

Itā€™s gonna be a really masterpiece for sure :+1:

3 Likes

So wide the Kahuaā€¦Niceeeeeee

Yeh the guy gave me really simple adjustments that made it better. I always talk with him. He is the one that initiated me to lathe and metal work.

2 Likes

Working at university can be really resourceful :grin:

1 Like

yeh is the thing I like the most about itā€¦in 5 floors there is a lot of knowledge :grin: I am in the medical faculty but I know more people from the engineer one :joy:

1 Like

the hole is made to allow air flow and prevent suction or you alsos use it to push the pivot cup out?

I have to say, I didnā€™t know about that!

But yes, I used it to change the pivot cup ^^ So so useful !

Iā€™ve used the hole on Randals to push the pivot cup out.

Itā€™s not the best way to do it though since it can be tight and not move regardless, but at least you donā€™t have to deal with suction on top of tight pivot cups when removing them.

1 Like

Do you think air flow is already enough? Or better let it go through so that you can use it to push out the pivot cup? Never had a truck with the hole before.