Paris Bushing options

Thank you everyone in advance…I have a set of Paris trucks they are wide as they came with @Hummie new hubs and have the standard red bushing setup and looking for something a bit stiffer but will still carve well and avoid speed wobble. I am 210lbs and like to run my board in the 20-25 range. This may be as much a rider experience issue as anything but it seems to get a little squirrely in that range. What suggestions for upgrading the to create a more stable ride and still be able to get on it in the turns?

Thanks,

Kevin

I would suggest just getting a variety of KranK bushings from Riptide and playing around with them until you find your perfect setup!

Canons fit Paris trucks best btw!

1 Like

Paging @Alphamail

@ksfacinelli I strongly recommend you go with RipTide Sports bushings. Best in the biz. :+1:

Most seem to be using KranK bushings, but I personally love my RipTide APS bushings.

1 Like

I think you could DM @Alphamail regarding your setup with your trucks and all, he will be able to tell you what bushings and durometer to try.

I’ve tried his recommendations and it performs great.

have a search and read here. Then ask Brad for help if you can’t find what you are after. There have already been a few people to ask about Paris trucks I think, you might get lucky and not even have to wait.

1 Like

I have been traveling , so trying to catch up, I will be all over this later today

1 Like

OK @ksfacinelli, looks like you may have found the guidance you were looking for on the other thread, do you have any additional or specific questions?

Well still some confusion? what would you recommend as at good setup? 210lbs, Paris trucks, 10" trucks from bolt to bolt, looking for stability but still able to carve and have fun. The Paris red bushings seem too soft and get a wobble at higher speeds. I have them cranked all the way down and can ride but would like to know what options you suggest?

Do you know what base plate angles you have?

No I do not they are standard Paris mounted drop through in the deck.

they are 50s

1 Like

I believe so

There are several things you can do to settle the setup down a bit depending on what you are going for…

1. Bushing only fix
  2. Base plate and bushing fix two different ways 2A: Replace both the front and rear base plates with Paris 43 degree ones if you want to keep it symmetrical 2B: Replace the rear Base plate with a 43 to create a 50/43 split setup.

I will pick up this again in the AM Cali time

1 Like

Ok please provide suggestions you can offer.

Confirmed Paris V2 with 50 degree baseplate.

@ksfacinelli Please chose the direction you want to go: 1, 2A or 2B

2a or 2b…

1 Like

Brad I’m in the same boat and am interested in option 1 too.

1 Like

Stock Paris bushings regardless of color are 88 to 90a.

2A: Replace both the front and rear base plates with Paris 43 degree ones if you want to keep it symmetrical:

Changing the base plates to 43 degrees front and back will have the familiar feel of a symmetrical setup but the handling will be more calm and less twitchy, allowing you to be a bit more stable. Turing radius will go down a bit but with the right bushings, it will still be nimble enough. 43’s have more leverage over the bushings so you will need harder or bigger ones than you are using in your 50 degree setup. At 210 lbs , 43’s front and back, I suggest KranK 93 Canons / KranK 93a Magnums front and back or APS 92.5a Canons / APS 92.5a Magnums with the Magnums boardside.

2B: Replace the rear Base plate with a 43 to create a 50/43 split setup:

Using a 50 in front and a 43 in the rear is a split setup and to balance the difference in base plate angles you need to use harder or bigger bushings in the rear than the front. For this configuration, I suggest KranK 93 Canons up front and a KranK 93a Canon / Magnum in the back or if you want APS , the same shapes but in APS 92.5a

1 Like

@deucesdown, a bushing only fix takes into consideration that you can create a more stable setup if the front is a bit easier to turn than the rear. This is called a synthetic split setup and I like to keep all the same durometer and just put different shapes in different places. For example, a really nimble yet stable setup can be accomplished with a Cone / Canon front and a Canon / Magnum rear. Once you start understand how bushing shape affects response, you can setup any board to your liking! Half the fun is trying different combinations. Of all our longboard shapes, Paris take our Cones, Canons, Barrels, FatCones and Magnums. Personally I do not like how our Chubbys work in them but some people do. Canons and Magnums are the go to though for most applications.

2 Likes