Paper Delivering Machine ¦ unconfirmed deck ¦ Tb's 6355 190Kv Motor ¦ Tb's Nano Controller ¦ Tb's Single Motor Mount ¦ Tb's 50 Degree v2 Trucks ¦ Tb's EPOWER 10s4p Battery ¦ VESC ¦

@samuel2910 i can sell you the controller for £33 including shipping. If you want to wait and get it cheaper you can join the group buy

The issue is I’m waiting until I have saved 100% of my budget for the board until I commit to the outlay.

Ok you could get it cheaper in the group buy if you manage to get your money by then

Of course cheaper is better.

1 Like

The most reliable controller I’ve found is the GT2b. About $25 too, so a bargain.

Not the smallest controller to start, but if you have access to a 3d printer (school/friend/3dhub), you can print the badwolf, mad Mikey, or Baby buffalo (thumb throttle).

Rock solid connection. Not always the case w others.

I don’t want to discourage you from doing or buying anything, but I’ve got a little story, so I got a winning remote, all excited to test it out and try it. I bound it, set it up and everything. It looked all good! So I stepped on the board and put on the throttle. I kid you not, it started shooting backwards (yes my motor wires were correct, it was not the wiring, I’ve used other remotes before that are fine.) after that, I turned off the remote and went to go turn off the board when suddenly it goes f#@&ing ballistic, and full throttles until it gets stopped by a barrier.

I almost died that day. Be safe. I don’t use that remote anymore. Just something to think about. There are people who use the remote and it’s fine for them. I bought that remote for $30 + shipping, I bought my 2.4ghz mini remote for half that. My favorite remote.

Mini trigger remote still safe though?

I find it EXTREAMLY reliable, I’ve had a drop out ONCE, in one of the most dense areas of NYC. I love my mini trigger.

Benchwheel also seems pretty good.

Bit on the expensive side though. Trigger is what i want aswell so much cheaper

Yeah benchwheel is like $50, very nice tho. Trigger is much cheaper and still good. But some people really dont like the trigger.

a single drop in my opinion is not reliable. Not as bad as kama/wiiceiver obviously, but that drop when you need to brake or accelerate to avoid something…

The spread spectrum hopping 2.4 on GT2b is ultra reliable. Once you re-enclose in smaller form factor it’s very pocketable. Not too hard to do (i was able to…).

Honestly, I don’t think it was a drop, I think it had to do with my ESC cutting out, but I’m not sure. MUCH better than the nano remote. I like the GT2B other than the size, I like the mods too. Some people aren’t comfortable modding their own remote though.

1 Like

In terms of alternatives the gt2b actually looks bad ass. But it’s also I size of a brick and carrying that around through trains, buses etc. might get tiresome. However if it’s in stock on hobby king it might be worth investing either as a spare or a bench test remote for later builds.

In terms of alternatives the gt2b actually looks bad ass. But it’s also I size of a brick and carrying that around through trains, buses etc. might get tiresome. However if it’s in stock on hobby king it might be worth investing either as a spare or a bench test remote for later builds.

Understood. I figure if i can do it others can too. I did a walk-through quite a while back, in case it helps. Specific to the badwolf v2. It has pretty thin walls though, so i’d suggest the mad munkey or master cho if you like trigger. baby buffalo if you like thumb.

1 Like

Just a brief update. I’m still undecided on what deck to use. However if I used something like Carvon hub motors I could use one of my existing cruiser decks and save some money. The only issue I can see myself running into is fitting a pre-build battery under the board. I’d still rather avoid using LiPO so I can charge the board while I’m out and about. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.