PaleRider / dual 6374 / FOCBOX / Torque Board 218mm / 10S / ABEC 11 97mm / Maytech

the rattling is a nightmare but what really put me off anything top mounted is safety, all of the lights I have tested that worked well with an internal battery were big and chunky with lots of pointed edges - not the sort of thing I would like hitting my body at high speed.

1 Like

My lights were under the nose either side of the truck, but rattled on the underside of the deck. Some self adhesive foam like what I lined my enclosure with stuck to the deck there would stop the rattling I think, but since I haven’t ridden at night yet I haven’t been bothered to try it out.

Curious to see your solution…

Regarding the Cut Off Start voltage, I’m happy to leave it where it is since my range is more than enough. I do wonder though now if Evolve boards have a stupidly low cut off value to allow them to eek out 25 miles on a charge… But then their long term battery problems are well documented :joy::joy:

Great build log, thanks for writing it all up. I’m still in the reading/buying parts phase for my first build. This made for a great read.

-f

2 Likes

Thanks. Glad you liked it. I’m really happy with how things turned out, and couldn’t have done it without this place.

Only three things you need to do before building an esk8.

Read Read And read some more :joy:

Look forward to seeing your build !

1 Like

Thanks for the offer of sending a new BT module, but I managed to get it working today. Uninstalled and downloaded again, plus reboot. Can see the data now, but only on the S5.

Will still buy one of the new ones though if these work with android 8.0+, just let me know when they’re on your website please. Didn’t want you sending something when I’ve got working :grinning:

1 Like

Fantastic build thread!

This might be me being picky, but painting the wheel hubs of those front ABEC wheels from green to black would make it look super clean.

Either way, I love the build and you did a fantastic job with everything!

Thanks ! As it happens the wheel hubs are a little bit ‘off yellow’ colour, not green but the pictures don’t show it very well.

They’re the Evolve F1 107s and I chose them to match the black / gold theme of the board… However I wish I hadn’t. I didn’t read (foolishly) any reviews and bought on impulse assuming they’d be fine because they were ABECs after all. Turns out all the reports of them being poor quality are true. I’ve got a large chunk missing already after only 50 miles or so, and seeing other’s online only serves to worry me further about their lifespan. The compound is super soft, and I’ve only ever ridden on smooth tarmac so for them to chunk like they have, on £130 wheels is bad in my opinion.

Might buy the black / green ones when these get too bad, or shave a 45 degree angle to clean them up…

Apart from that though I’m VERY happy with the way the board turned out, and I can’t wait to test ride the new 80A motor max settings !!!

Had my fingers crossed for those Evolve wheels :frowning: