P.O.S Powerboard Penny - Upgrade

Looks like this dude gave it a glowing review back in June 2005

Sweet idea… Should work… Hopefully, it has built in belt tension on there too :slight_smile:

Lol me too… This woulda been cool when I was in college

@Michaelinvegas Dude, just go 12s…

And where the hell did you find that for $15?

I don’t have an 12s esc … And I don’t think I can pack 2 X 6s in the box…I wanna keep it looking the same…

And 12s on that would be a death wish … My skin can only stop me if I’m on a 6s …

Heheh $15 bucks … I was shocked …

I just realized I didn’t tell you where I found it …

Where else? eBay

1 Like

@lowGuido I have a wiiceiver that I’m switching out for another remote … I may use it for this project here…

Your push assist idea should work if I get a old style nunchuck with a wire and the wiiceiver … Correct?

no. it wont work. you need VESC

Boooo!

Really? Why not?

Can’t k just plug that end in ?

well in order for cruise control to work it needs a feedback loop from the motor to check your speed and make throttle adjustments. I don’t know of any ESC other than VESC that does this.

Huh? Don’t get what u mean that cruise control don’t work? I’ve gotten it to work on other ESCs

cruise control and perpetual steez… don’t get them confused.

Lol ok … But for science :point_up:t2::nerd_face:

so just incase you missed the memo, I’ll fill you in. cruise control, takes the speed that you are doing and maintains that SPEED. so if you start going up or down a hill it will accelerate or decelerate to maintain that SPEED. VESC has Cruise control

perpetual steez is what you get on a wiiceiver where the wiiceiver will maintain the THROTTLE. so if you are 50% throttle it will stay the same THROTTLE perpetually. If you start going down hill it will speed up and if you go uphill you will slow down.

for push assist you cant really use perpetual steez because you need to make throttle adjustments as you ride, the VESC cruise control is ideal for push assist.

I’m not saying you couldnt use some sort of sensored motor and program some kind of feedback into the wiiciever code… but out the box no.

Oh this shit ain’t going on hill dude…at a park… Empty parking lot of a school…

I paid 15 bucks and recycling the rest of the crap lol… I’ll leave the pure science of it all to you my brother down under👊🏻

But yeah get what you mean…but again… Don’t have a vesc I can play with…so…prob gonna use a heli esc… I don’t plan on going fast…so if I use a hand controler with a trigger…gonna put a stopper on it so you can’t take off

either way, it still wont work they way I did it because it still needs that feedback from the motor to know what speed the board is traveling when you engage.

maybe you could make something new? foot control? magnet control? mind control?

I like the mind control…that’s my favorite idea yet :frowning::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone:

Well got my POS in the FedEx today

The 12v battery is currently 8v at the moment … The battery enclosure is broken at the places that attach it to the board (but I knew that…guess why it was $15bucks)

It has a key fob remote…not really sure what that’s abt

It’s at 28 inch penny board deck…

It’s got this wacky truck system the Chinese like to use and 80mm wheels

Other than that …looks brand new…

So the plan is…

Get that enclosure back on…

Try it at 12v…

Then try it with a 6s lipo…till something blows

Once that happens… Figure out how to mount a 270kv motor on …

Then put a new ESC and hand controller…

Let’s see if I can mod the drive train to accept a 50/60 ntm

2 Likes

Looks like a fun little science project you got there. What’s the deal with that ring on the non-drive side of the truck hangar? Prepped for dual or something?

That’s where they would attach the motor bracket if it was a dual drive or opposite drive…I’m thinking…looks like a multipurpose truck … Prob could do 5in wheels