P.O.S Powerboard Penny - Upgrade

Lol ok … But for science :point_up:t2::nerd_face:

so just incase you missed the memo, I’ll fill you in. cruise control, takes the speed that you are doing and maintains that SPEED. so if you start going up or down a hill it will accelerate or decelerate to maintain that SPEED. VESC has Cruise control

perpetual steez is what you get on a wiiceiver where the wiiceiver will maintain the THROTTLE. so if you are 50% throttle it will stay the same THROTTLE perpetually. If you start going down hill it will speed up and if you go uphill you will slow down.

for push assist you cant really use perpetual steez because you need to make throttle adjustments as you ride, the VESC cruise control is ideal for push assist.

I’m not saying you couldnt use some sort of sensored motor and program some kind of feedback into the wiiciever code… but out the box no.

Oh this shit ain’t going on hill dude…at a park… Empty parking lot of a school…

I paid 15 bucks and recycling the rest of the crap lol… I’ll leave the pure science of it all to you my brother down under👊🏻

But yeah get what you mean…but again… Don’t have a vesc I can play with…so…prob gonna use a heli esc… I don’t plan on going fast…so if I use a hand controler with a trigger…gonna put a stopper on it so you can’t take off

either way, it still wont work they way I did it because it still needs that feedback from the motor to know what speed the board is traveling when you engage.

maybe you could make something new? foot control? magnet control? mind control?

I like the mind control…that’s my favorite idea yet :frowning::cyclone::cyclone::cyclone:

Well got my POS in the FedEx today

The 12v battery is currently 8v at the moment … The battery enclosure is broken at the places that attach it to the board (but I knew that…guess why it was $15bucks)

It has a key fob remote…not really sure what that’s abt

It’s at 28 inch penny board deck…

It’s got this wacky truck system the Chinese like to use and 80mm wheels

Other than that …looks brand new…

So the plan is…

Get that enclosure back on…

Try it at 12v…

Then try it with a 6s lipo…till something blows

Once that happens… Figure out how to mount a 270kv motor on …

Then put a new ESC and hand controller…

Let’s see if I can mod the drive train to accept a 50/60 ntm

2 Likes

Looks like a fun little science project you got there. What’s the deal with that ring on the non-drive side of the truck hangar? Prepped for dual or something?

That’s where they would attach the motor bracket if it was a dual drive or opposite drive…I’m thinking…looks like a multipurpose truck … Prob could do 5in wheels

The wheels are bigger than I thought they would be…from first looks it seems that any of those 80mm clone wheels will do the job…

I just need to open up the motor housing and see if a 50mm motor will fit … If that does … Hope the shaft is long enough to hold the pulley and wheel in alignment

Cause I’m like a little kid and I gotta see

This is the rear truck with the mounting braket minus the wheel and motor… …

Here’s the motor…and motor pulley pressure fitted with a c ring…and the enclosure with the brains of the operation…

Here’s the wheels…see the little teeth…def not a 36t

I did a test fit of he ntm 50/60 motor…a tad too small…a 63 should fit but would have to tap holes and cut a notch in aluminum alloy for the phase wires to fit without rubbing the bell housing.

I could put an Thin plate to mount the ntm… Prob gonna have to put the pully hanging off the edge of the shaft to get the correct alignment.

Update: Photo of the belt

Looking good so far- I also think you could make the NTM work with an aluminum conversion plate. Let me know if you want me to make you one, as I have access to a CNC machine… if you’re interested, just shoot me the dimensions and we’ll work it all out.

Haha not trying to sell you crap, just letting you know if you’re interested and don’t want to get a 63mm motor for fit ment issues.

Otherwise, you can always go full DIY spirit and make you own plate for cheap!

Lol lets just sent the board around the world … People could take turns tweeking it lol…The People’s Board! Lol

Thanks my brother @cmatson … I’ll let you know…lets see what I can do without dragging people down with me … Lol

I fear that if I put that ntm on there…it may rip the belt, break the teeth of the wheel pulley or…shear the screws off wheel pulley…

I would say the weakest link here are the wheels… I did try 80mm … Don’t fit… Looks like a proprietary skateboard wheel…so better not do any power slides on this thing

use the plane bracket that comes with the motor, that might make it easier to fit? aparrant ly its called a cross mount

1 Like

Ok looks like there is a crack in the pcb board they have as an all in one electronics board…prob the only way I can ride this if I sever every thing and connect the motor to the battery…ill probably need and on off switch that I can turn off and on…or a 12v potentiometer or something like that …

Also looks like I’ll need to machine the inside where the original motor was…they have ridges which stop me from putting the ntm flush against the motor mount…plus the hole for the shat is very large which prevents me from just using a 50mm motor…

What to do? The motor mount is just bolted in…I could fashion a new bracket…? What would that cost @cmatson?

Edit: it looks aluminum…I don’t have the proper tools to machine it down flat…looks like a vice …a drill and some sort of grind stone…

Any suggestions?

Does the motor have to be perfectly flat against your mount? if not, then the waviness could stay, and you could just add a bracket.

I guess the only problem you may run into is not having the NTM shaft be long enough, but the motor pulley can hang off the shaft a little without any problems- I just don’t know how far out it may have to go…

I’ve decided…just to grind the snot out of till it’s almost even lol

Might just drag it behind the car with a wieght on it till it’s flat hahahh

2 Likes

I’m assuming it’s aluminum, so be sure to use sandpaper/flap wheel, not a grinding wheel. The aluminum can fill the pores of the wheel and it can explode. If it is steel then obviously a grinding wheel will be fine

It’s aluminum…I’ll need to hit it a little at a time…

Humm…looks like this truck by exkate CAN hold an 80mm wheel with a cog…and the molded ring with holes in the truck make it possible to attach a custom motor mount…

What to do? Grind the mount (use the existing mount) …Make a mount (some sort of metal plate) … Or find a mount (will @torqueboards DIY mount fit)

https://youtu.be/PGKGaW1vTCs