Over voltage fault. Stuttering

So I have been getting over voltage faults and my limit is set at 57v (12s). Every time it happens i have no power or brakes for 3 seconds then I have power again.

When I accelerate I get under voltage faults and the same thing happensā€¦ no power or brakes for 3 seconds. Sometimes it happens under hard accel and other times it is just when cruising and not pushing the board at all.

Any suggestions? I took a look at the battery and all the inidiviual cells are within .01 voltage of each other so they are discharging evenly.

Help :confused:

Post all your details , battery, motor, bldc screenshots

1 Like

battery 12s4p 30q. motor dual 6374 190kv. vesc 4.12. working on screenshots.

I will tell you when I check the imetr app and look at the logs when the over voltage fault happens it is nowhere near 57vā€¦ usually under 50v actually. Now i do realize maybe an instantaneous spike might trigger the esc to cut to protect itself however not actually show up in the log.

You mean over voltage not over current?

1 Like

thx i corrected it

What vesc do you have ?

You say you corrected it, but I still see you saying ā€œover voltageā€ in the OP and ā€œover currentā€ in your first reply.

Post screenshots of the fault!

Basically,

-we checked all the wiring & solder joints -vescs are fine -BMS is bypassed for discharge so not bms -loop key was replaced -12s4p is perfectly balanced within .01~

The board rides fine when Iā€™m on it (Iā€™m 127lbs), where when pshaw rides it,(180lbs~) it undervolts and overvolts. Iā€™m thinking that there is a weak series connection in the battery. The board has never acted like this before. I think @pshaw is gonna check the series connections when he can open it up again. But Iā€™m also suggesting we test with another battery to confirm its either the power system or the battery to isolate the issue further, if nothing is discovered from a reinspection of the series connections on the board.

yea, perhaps one of the series is connection is worn out due to the board flex and the segmented parallel groups. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the wire connecting it is frayed and is intermittently connecting.

Hahaha I think we found the issue :joy:

2 Likes