Orangatang Kegel 32,34,36,38,40,42,44 Tooth Pulleys STLs for 9mm,12mm,15mm Belts

Okay, So the “thick” portion is the the wheel hub itself not the studs on the stl, that is to say the “thick” hub STL version has a stud that is smaller in dimensions and will fit into both the original “Thin” hubs as well.

I’m using your STL file from here as the mating portion of the wheel pulley. I cant actually “use” the file itself but I spent some time and made an exact replica of everything but the pulley itself. Now I’ve started the process of inserting the pulley from another source file and merging and doing the 9, 12 and 15 mm versions. I tried making these from 32-44 but 32 is too small. The nuts would mess with the teeth of the pulley so I’m doing 34-44.

Sweet! Yup. 32t will probably only work on the Kegels. I actually got the adapters from here, if you wanted to use the originals instead of the one I modified.

Sorry, that is the link I meant to reference. I do have a question though. Since I dont have a wheel in front of me I’m kinda flying blind here. Can you tell me what the diameter of this edge is, where the conical part meets the back of the wheel?

Ah. I’ll measure it when I get home. I only have the cones, though.

1 Like

Thanks. Thats fine, they should be similar enough. Just want to make sure the 42 and 44 Tooth pulleys will actually fit before I go ahead with anything start uploading things.

Where can I source the nuts and bolts for these pulleys?

just go to the hardware store, take the pulley with you.

5X 10-32X2.00" Bolt (or 10-24) 5X 10-32 Lock Nut (or 10-24) Alt: 5X 10-32 Nut (or 10-24) +Loctite Thread Locker if you dont have access to lock nuts. 5X #10 Washer (optional, to be placed between bolt head and Orangatang Kegel Flat Face Adapter)

You’re right. Sometimes I forget there are stores I can physically walk into. What online shopping will do to you. Haha, well thank you.

No problem! You could order it, but then you’d have to wait. Something I am incapable of doing.

Amen to that. However I havent even started building my esk8 so im not really in a rush.

Also for anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future.

If you can sand down one corner of every nut there is no reason to modify your trucks or have to thread into the wheel holes. :grin: :innocent:

2 Likes

I wanted to print the locknut version of this pulley but i was wondering what the 5mm disk spacer is used for do I need to print that too?

the 21 and 17mm disks are just as a reference so you know how big your axels are. you;ll need a minimum of 21mm clearance if youre going to use the hux nuts on the backside . thats all it is. if you have caliber trucks you’ll have to file down the edges, if you have paris or others you probably wont been to. you could also put socket head cap screws in from the backside and that will reduce the clearance you require

yes you can, thats mentions somewhere in here or on the Flywheel thread.

@JuniorPotato93 I forgot that I (yes me myself) had already mentioned it. Hahaha

1 Like

Lol. look at that, it’s literally 3 post above

hi, what kind of belt is best for these pulleys? what pitch? what length would you recommend?

Question to printing these: Can I use PLA or is that a bad (dangerous) idea?

I would NOT use PLA. I print mine with ABS, 75-100% infill.

How long do they hold up?

Hard to say, I’ve got I set I’ve put 150km on with no visible wear. I’ve got another set with only 1 long run, around 20km. Also no visible wear. I’ve heard 300km, but for whatever reason I just don’t see that with mine.