Open Source software and hardware. Your rights and obilgations

@anorak234

Do we need to accept strong language and accusations? Like Asshat, drinking to much Kool-aid etc. @koralle, are you really a kool-aid addict? There is nothing wrong about a good fight with words, as long as everyone behaves and can make their points, using appropriate language. Some stuff here is going way to far in my opinion.

I also don’t get the point why it is so hard to stay on topic.

Frank

2 Likes

The topic is itself a snooze-fest. Nobody outside of this website cares about the name VESC – though correctly BV has trademarked the name. Will it hold up in court? idk… and frankly I don’t care.

I would like to move forward with a plan. Lets have @Kug3lis, @mmaner and whomever want’s in put together a community edition VESC6 – whatever name we want to call it if it can’t be called VESC6 then we will do a poll and pick one or just pick one if the name choices aren’t good.

I want to have a trackable serial number ID on each VESC and make sure a specific donation amount goes to BV – $10 - $15 or something that seems fair like that. I really still don’t understand the math though. We don’t simply have enough sales to fully support an income for him. Maybe it will get better.

Based on the cost… lets get between 100 to 1000 vesc6’s . Or do 100 at a time. Let’s get the community edition out there just so there is a community edition. I think I just want a small ROI. I am willing to invest $10-20k. We should sell this product in the $150-$160 range. Or we can get behind @stewii ESCape. But I think we need to move him off of hand soldering and reflow oven in his own house and move to mass production.

Let’s do something and get on with this already. The debate is boring and I need more VESC6

1 Like

i’m done with all this. Who wants to make me a vesc6 pcb with my name on it?

I’ll pay you.

5 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

14 Likes
  1. If that hurts your feelings, you might not wanna be in a business that involves a bunch of skaters. Furthermore, that’s the nicest thing that you are referred to around here.
  2. They are only accusations until they are proven, which most have been.

It is on topic. The topic is “Open Source Software and Hardware. Your Rights and Obligations…according to Frank who apparently thinks he rules the World”.

6 Likes

I´m still wondering why noone opened a original Trampa Vesc6, compare it with the open source standard reference stuff and can tell the differences, so that others can use some improvements. Why is still noone except @stewii doing some production?

1 Like

I assume there are not enough interested parties to develop… who knows maybe some are already doing it just not publishing enough?

1 Like

i just bought a small desktop reflow oven. Everything i use is open source and there’s no reason i can’t pick and place my own shit. I’m starting with very simple things like my vedder/fecter eswitches and then moving up to VESCs and then VESC6 and possibly even try doing a DieBieMS if i get cocky.

3 Likes

Sounds almost like u will need a dedicated guy in your shop doing all of the circuit / pcbs things in future :slight_smile:

Or u just plan to be super resourceful with everything :slight_smile:

Anyways thumbs up, we definately need more independent esk8 related product / pcb developers out there :slight_smile:

4 Likes