Onewheel Build Guide

I ordered the 600W + 36V version. This means at 36v the motor draws 16.6A. The amps run through the motor determend the temperature of the motor. So if I can run it at 16.6A at 50v i get a power of 830, but the motor wants to draw closer to 50 V / 2.1686747 OHM = 23 A. Arround 1100w. Im running it at 20 Amps right now. Basicly i have the option to run them harder

Its just a small cheap allarround vesc. Im building an electric couch, electric underwater jetpack, electric gocart, 4wd longboards, drones and hovercrafts. Im testing antonchromjakā€™s design and are going to try to redesign it so i can run water cooling on them. Without cooling they run arround 20-30Amps, with cooling the mosfets can handle 120-200A. Prob needs alot of design changes before theese numbers are achived, and going to try to make them cheaper

1 Like

Iā€™m disappointed there is no jet pack included for flight.

3 Likes

I run my dual on 12s and limit each vesc to 18 amps. So maybe it could work for me. Iā€™m skeptical though. Is there anymore info on these other than the github?

https://vesc-project.com/node/246

Any news on this project?

I just ordered my hubmotor (600v 36v), canā€™t wait to get started! Iā€™ll post some pictures of the design very soon.

5 Likes

very interesting I want to see a video of this thing in action.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in a planning phase of something similar and curious, about the range and power(speed, hillclimb) you got with this set up. Have you tested these?

1 Like

Hi, I havent tested this yet. I got some serious torque from the motor, so im guessing it might handle it well. I need to redesign the motor mounts, when they break after a short time. I am thinking of integrating the spacer/skrews that came with the motor for this

Hi guys, im dooing some market research on electric longboards and i would really appriciate some feedback!

I would really appriciate it for those who helped me out!

1 Like

Have you guys made much progress? I would love to see an update video/pictures of how its coming along!

Hey, there hasent been anny progress so far. This was originally built as a student project and the group werent to motivated after christmas break and school started. I think to finish the project the motor needs to be bolted to the aluminium frame, made shorter and tweeked the code. The last 10% takes 90% of the time. If theres an update to the project, il post it here. Feel free to post your own build in this thread if you want!

1 Like

I did make some progress. Iā€™m still gathering parts so I canā€™t fully work out the 3d model right now. Currently waiting for the naze32 and velostat to show up so I can start configuring my electronics. But itā€™s starting to look like something. Rails will be made from a 20x40x20 mm U pofile with a wall thickness of 3mm. Other parts will be 3d printed or milled from wood.

Setup will be: Naze32, Focbox vesc, Peipei Phub 188 36v 600watt, 12s2p samsung 30q 18650, Velostat sensor

onewheelprint

14 Likes

Looks VERY good!

Do you think that you are ever going to go all metal?

Looks awesome. Which firmware are you using?

Thanks for the compliments.

Firmware I want to use comes from here: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/onewheel-skateboard/15901/80?u=remieknaapen

Only metal parts will be the alluminium rails and the motor mounts. All the other parts stay plastic or wood.

I ordered the 600W + 36V hub motor 9 days ago from that seller but it still hasnā€™t shipped. No reply to messages on Aliexpress. I also visited the Pei Scooter website and contacted them there. Also no reply.

I do hope they ship it. I havenā€™t found any other viable hub motor/wheel options.

phew! Motor shipped today! 9 Days after ordering.

4 Likes

Mind you to share the link of that motor? Iā€™m thinking to build a Onewheel too! Iā€™m just planning the stuff because I canā€™t code firmware, it should be kind of plug and play, trying to about that it just come to my mind the new vesc6 plus, it has gyro and Accel built in and firmware ready. I think is just to play with the PID controller settings. But really donā€™t know. What do you thing guys? It will work?

1 Like

Here you go. I havenā€™t been able to find any similar motor for sale.

Pei Scooter on Aliexpress

1 Like