One motor at 60amps or 2 at 30A?

My parts should be here tomorrow so I hope to report my findings after the weekend :blush:

1 Like

I got all my parts today but I have a problem…

My new VESC doesn’t want to upgrade it’s firmware. I did this last week on my old VESC and it was not a problem. But on the new VESC it says that the firmware is too old so I upgrade it, but still when reconnecting after a successful firmware write, it still tells me the firmware is too old. The firmware on it is 3.50 both before and after upgrade.

Can anyone help me with this? :slight_smile:

Problem solved! One VESC can help program the other. Thanks to Trampa for helping me out :slight_smile:

I’ve been riding a bit today and, my lord… This is awesome! :sunglasses:

Dual motors is waaaay more powerful than one, even with the same battery power. The steepest hills is not a problem at all! And even better, the traction is perfect. I rode on really loose gravel without a problem. I can recommend this to everybody! Even if you don’t need more power, the traction makes the ride feel so much safer. The brakes are ofc also much, much better.

The only thing that’s better with a single motor is the lighter weight and the slightly longer range, tho’ range has never been an issue for me so that’s not a problem.

Thanks everyone for your help and for pushing me over the line with the purchase :joy:

Have a great day! :grinning:

2 Likes