One motor at 60amps or 2 at 30A?

30a is still alot of current. You will notice huge difference in performance. I made a board that i teach other people to ride on and its dual 6355 set at 25a each. Its still way more power than most people can handle. Certainly more than a boosted.

1 Like

I don’t think I have ever drawn over 70A battery on my dual 6374 street setup with pneumatic tires and that is climbing some serious hills.

Welcome to the dark side :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Great information! Thank you for helping me understand it all :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for all the great help :grinning: Looks like I will add a 2nd motor then :sunglasses:

I am the same boat now. I have a board running on a 6264 190kv motor with vesc setting of 50amps and I am thinking of switching it to 2x 5365 200kv. I running 10s lipo so I think I can pull 70 to 80amp.

Today while I was going up some hills and I noted that not have enough tractions is the problem with single drive system. My single 6364 had enough power but it was slipping because lack of traction and perverting effective hill climb.

The snow here in the north of Sweden hasen’t melted yet, but I went for a short ride today and recorded the VESC status.

With my single 6374 motor, the maximum amp draw from the battery pack was only 15A and the max motor amp was at 45A. With that knowledge I will surely throw another motor on there and check the difference :sunglasses:

What setup and you running?

How can you draw so low?

I have no Idea why… my setup is a One Wheel drive, 90mm wheels, 16/36 teeth pulleys, 6374 190kv TB motor, VESC 4.12, Samsung 30Q 12S3P battery pack.

What are your settings?

60A on motor and battery and I run BLDC mode

Your measurements must be wrong…You must be very very light or you’re very conservative on the trigger.

I’m 70 kilos myself almost same setup and drawing 35 bat amps max.

They might be wrong ofc. I’m 70 kilos and i’m not light on the trigger at all :joy: I always kick my board when I start tho’. I never use the motor to start from a standstill.

2 Likes

An as I said, there is still snow in places here so I could’t ride fully normal today. I will try again when the conditions are better and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would check to see if you have anything adding friction to the wheels (bad belt alignment something overtightened etc.) I typically get much lower amperage (I am light on the trigger and light weight, but still 35A on the battery is quite a bit unless you’re gunning it/racing or hill climbing) <<-- granted this is a chill cruise to the convenience store and back but still got up to 16mph and at most 6.5A on the battery. Would be curious to see your data (ideally elevation changes too since I think this plays a pretty big role but just acceleration/velocity vs amperage would be interesting too)

extra friction might be my suck ass bearings. need to replace those. Belt is aligned fine. I guess it could be slightly tighter. I draw many amps when I jam full throttle to top speed. But maybe it’s my riding style too. I like to ride aggressively. I almost always ride on flats.

Yah I’m sure slamming the throttle I could get higher values, but generally speaking I’m just using the board for cruises similar to the one recorded to run to local stores not using it as a thrill ride, but different strokes for different folks and all, just wouldn’t expect to get that high of draw when jumping on the board to go and riding flats for light riders (I also typically set some amp limit on the motor to avoid accidentally punching it out from under my feet, has happened once before, luckily just landed on my backpack and felt stupid for a minute). Most ebikes are limited to 600W so really that’s typically enough and at 15A with 50V it’s 750W so it’s enough power to keep you moving but really depends on how fast your accelerating what peaks you’ll hit.

1 Like

I just made an order for a second 6374 motor so I will keep you posted on the result :slight_smile: I’ll have to figure out how to make one VESC a master and the other a slave and things like that but I think it’ll be alright! In one or two weeks I should have the parts so we’ll see how it goes :sunglasses:

2 Likes

If anyone knows or can link a video for how to setup dual VESCs via a CAN-bus please hit me up :slight_smile: I use the old BLDC-tool as I like this the best. If it’s the only option, I can ofc use the new VESC-tool also!

1 Like

I have dual setup and if one is down it feels like 30% as much power. I rode a friends single setup and it was easy to break traction.

2 Likes