OllinBoardCo's Compact Dual VESC

Yes, sorry for the hassle. We do not stock a large quantity of parts for this mod so it is reserved for community members as an “off menu” item.

its fine. I can wait the 3 to 4 weeks. ill pay you right now my email for the difference is [email protected].

Okay just sent it waiting for your invoice.

I don’t know what the white plug outlets I normally see on vescs are called (jst?) but these two vescs have none of them and I like that a lot as it seems theyre unnecessary for me. Once the vesc is programmed to match the motor I figured I’d never have to even use the mini-sub again. If later the plugs are needed I imagine you can add the outlet. chaka sent me a pair stacked and even with all the white plugs attached they’re pretty thin and I like how I can have all my components on one side. Getting thin is a goal but incorporating the batteries…ultimately this is ideal for me and this is even a dropped through drop deck

He’s sending me another set since I damaged these running them with a shorted motor. Hes going to repair them and I’m glad to hear they’re repairable. hopefully the new pair won’t have any white plugs!

I didnt check the vescs temp often and more so was just checking the motor temp at the tops of hills but the few times I did check the temp of the fets on the vesc it was always cool. Maybe with a hub motor it’s less comutations and that’s the reason but regardless I have stick-on heat sinks I planned to add but don’t think I’ll bother

I dont think you will see much heat on a dual vesc configuration. A single motor build will pull many more amps through the vesc.

I should be able to make it a bit more compact without the jst headers.

All those white plugs…who needs them? Other than the mini-usb I haven’t felt a need. I did try the one for the nunchuck and found it loses connection way too easily so won’t bother again.
I ask because as you have the boards here they look nice and slim and preferred. Would it be possible to get the vesc this way and if we did ever need to access something which had a plug couldn’t we add the plug later?

I doubt many skateboarders need them.