OllinBoardCo OM5065-200kv Sensored Motor

I guess it’s a good thing I got the Enertion mount after all!

yeah im not very happy at the moment i wish i had known this before ordering the mounts if i have to send these back or exchange its going to destroy my budget

3 Likes

:hourglass_flowing_sand: :fries:

2 Likes

So this has been addressed earlier in this thread for the V3 DIYelectricskateboards mounts…:wink: That was in regard to a question about he V4 with 63mm plates, I believe…I’m still not sure why they aren’t the standard 50mm hole spacing. Very curious…

You can attach @chaka’s motor…but only by two bolts … Not ideal but I’ve attached motors with only 3 bolts … You could always add an extra hole …

Below is the difference between hole patterns … Both are the same dimensions 5060

left is a 270kv motor ------------- right is @chaka’s motor

2 Likes

I was under the impression these motors were supposed to have 30mm spacing…

3 Likes

@psychotiller Ditto… me too. Technically, I’d prefer to always use 30mm circle spacing rather than the smaller size.

2 Likes

Three motors

5060 270kv 5060 170kv @chaka motor And a 63mm motor

I tried to line them up the best I could

Enertion mounts

DIY 50mm welded mount

4 Likes

Who’s mount is that ^above ??

Axle hole is very small , is there even enough space for the C-clip ??

Shamless Plug… :yum:

our ollin motor mounts are in stock & ready to ship! only $60USD

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-yp39j5/zad02/products/150/images/730/carbon_fiber_motor_mount_electric_skateboard_2__31708.1433980693.1000.1000.jpg?c=2

1 Like

They actually fit very well! I am a real fan of these mounts! Have tried others but these don’t move around at all.

2 Likes

After all the heated back and forth on motor sizes, it turns into a match made in heaven.

Our motors are best suited for X pattern slotted motor mounts. Really feeling bad for anyone with compatibility issues so please send me an email and I will do my best to make things right. Our new mounts will be available soon. :wink:

1 Like

Btw anyone with a TB v4 - We’ll have another X pattern slot available soon so all is not lost :grin:

1 Like

Jason

I’d buy ur mounts all day long…

Shipping is the killer

That a @torqueboards welded mount for 50mm can 8mm shaft on Paris clones

It would be an issue but my clip is recessed so it’s a non issue

1 Like

The only reservation I would have about the Enertion mount is the Carbon fiber plate that the motor is mounted on. I believe that aluminum would be best there. It acts to draw the heat away from the motors and allows the trucks to become part of the heatsink. I feel this is a nice benefit overall. Very cool pic from @Jeff’s thread… The Flir infrared camera is a cool tool. You can see where the heat is at.

2 Likes

I came back from work today with very heavy wind resistance and up some hills. When I got home my motors were burning hot to the touch. I’m using chakas motors with Enertion’s mount.

In contrast, my GT with similar motors has only 1 motor get pretty hot, but not nearly as hot as chaka’s. I agree that using aluminum (and thermal paste!) for the mounting plate is probably a better idea.

1 Like

What voltage are you running? And what KV?