OllinBoardCo OM5065-200kv Sensored Motor

Lucky :frowning: ALL the Home Depots and Lowes around me don’t have squat. I bought some rounded keyways from Dexter and they were 20mm (OM5065 has a 15mm keyway) so I cut and re-rounded them and they fit perfectly!

Word of warning for anyone buying keystock. 3/32" is NOT the same as 3mm as some sites may suggest.

1 Like

The keys will be included with our drivetrain system and motor pulley’s. They will be available soon, just waiting on some last minute milling services.

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas @jinra Shoot! Home depot doesn’t have any Metric sized stock! :frowning2:

@chaka This is great news. Can’t wait to see what you are cooking up, bro! :thumbsup:

I can tell you that 3/32" will technically work. Just wiggles a bit more than actual 3mm square stock.

3mm= .12" so 1/[email protected]" should work too with a little bit of sanding.

yep! Hard to sand such tiny things though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks @torqueboards and @bender for your responses. I figured that might’ve been the issue and rolled the dice on that after i posted. I should’ve posted a follow up with my solution. For the record, if anyone is having the issue i was having, changing the battery values to match the battery you’re using during programming resolves the issue. Also, checkout @torqueboards video as it is the most complete setup video there is on how to setup your vesc. Thanks again.

Couldn’t you just hammer some of the 3/32" stuff a little bit so it so it spreads out slightly and fits tighter? I did that with some speed rings to get my spacing/alignment correct when screwing Hummie’s motors on to my truck.

well you can increase length or width like that, but then you’ll make it skinnier the opposite dimension, which will result in more jiggling or the stock not making contact with the pulley.

Do you have any pics of your new mounts ?

Thanks !

https://www.instagram.com/ollinboardco/

Received the Tracker 219 Darts today! Looks like they will be compatible with our new motor mounts once they are turned on the lathe. These trucks are wide, will definitely fit a dual rear.

Here they are compared to some Paris 195’s

4 Likes

These are TKP correct ??

If so how do they compare to RKP

You think even 2 15mm belts would fit a DR ?

These are the Tracker Darts http://store.puredist.com/p/tracker-dart-model-truck-219mm-polished-silver

Is anyone else having difficulty finding a mount to fit these motors? I have an Enertion mount, Psychotiller OG mount, and TorqueBoards new v4 mount. Only the enertion mount fits, unfortunately I need to mount in reverse, so it looks like I’ll be drilling one of the other mounts.

torqueboards has a 50mm version of the v4 mount now. I’m using Enertion’s right now, but I’d rather use the v4.

Psychotiller has a 50mm version also. I have a set if he is sold out.

I have 50mm version of TB’s v4 mount and Psychotiller’s OG mount neither lines up completely with holes on @chaka 5065 motor…The enertion mount does work.

2 Likes

That would mean Chaka is using 18mm instead of 21mm square spacing.

18mm square = 25-26mm circle 21mm square = 30mm circle diameter 31mm square = 40mm circle diameter

Standard 50mm are usually 21mm. SK3 50mm are 18mm. Standard 63mm are usually 31mm.

@Chaka can confirm?

3 Likes

i just ran into this issue with v4 mounts and this motor @chaka @torqueboards @Adam0311