OllinBoardCo OM5065-200kv Sensored Motor

@chaka By “problematic” you mean customers who say something when they are being lied to ? You really are big time.

1 Like

Dude first off who are u from what I can tell u joined 4 days ago and ur already being a major ass. This has nothing to do with u and at the end of the day since u don’t like @chaka then don’t buy his shit. I can tell u he has been more than helpful to everyone in this community including giving me a free component to help me get to work when I was fresh outta cash. That’s more than just a business right there. Btw all his products actually meet their deadlines and still have great quality so go buy from the others so u can wait a nice 5 months for a single part

2 Likes

Not sure why it matters when i joined but I have been a long time reader and only have an account as i needed to DM someone on here. You apparently had a good experience and that is great but that was/is not the case for the poor guy on here who got his order cancelled simply for calling Chaka out on a lie. This isn’t the first time that chaka has done this either. Rather than admit he is wrong and correct the issue, he simply cancels your order no matter how long you’ve already been waiting. How is that ok ? Put yourself in that guys shoes and tell me that would be ok with you. For the record, i appreciate Chakas contributions to the community, he is brilliant. But that doesn’t mean he can treat people like this. It’s not ok and someone had to say something about it, as the folks who are waiting for parts don’t want to get their orders cancelled by speaking up, which is understandable as they’ve already been waiting long enough.

And now back to our regularly schedualed program…updates anyone? Anyone have a motor in hand?

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas has them! Mine should come in a day or two.

Moral of the story: Keep your business dealings professional, no matter which side you’re on. It is well known in this industry, especially with small 1 man companies, that shit happens (frequently), situations change, mistakes are made, promises made in good faith can’t be delivered on for any number of reasons, and delays are to be expected. It’s how you deal with those situations, on both sides of the table, that define the outcome. There are no guarantees that things will go the way you want, or that you’ll get your product when you expect it (for both customers and vendors).

Personally, I know that in my job, I do my best to remain professional under all circumstances, and do my best to keep all of my clients, coworkers, bosses, etc. happy. But unfortunately, shit happens, and I can’t always provide my services as timely as possible. But when it comes to my clients, I’ll gladly take daily phone calls and emails asking for status from those who keep their cool, are understanding, and remain pleasant and professional. However, as soon as someone starts getting pissy with me and comes at me with “WTF, where the hell is my order, you fucking liar!” or something to that effect, I’m done with them. They can hit the road and find someone else who will put up with that shit.

So, everyone, keep playing nice! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey @chaka If i ordered a motor today whats the lead time on shipping? Like how quick could you get it out to the carrier, basically what I’m tryin to ask is is it in stock and when it would be shipped? I don’t know why that was so hard for me to word. thanks!

@starfunkel Motors will ship immediately unless you also order a vesc. We are still being hammered with VESC orders so we are still 2 weeks at best on those.

2 Likes

I have the 170kv but not hooked up yet…still waiting on some other items to start attaching things and testing

ARRIVED!

This weekend is shot :slight_smile:

DougM

I got me some Tracking info…OOhhh…I can’t wait!!! USPS Priority! My favorite shipping method for sure! That means…only a couple of days out! I’m stoked :stuck_out_tongue::thumbsup:

1 Like

where is this belt length calc you speak of?

RE: The Kegel wheel pullies. Any update on those?

http://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

No kegels yet. We are finalizing our drivetrain on our freeride complete which rides on flywheels.

4 Likes

Thanks man.

@chaka i got my motors thanks for shipping them all together also any chance, you have an update on mount and pulley or a timeframe i would love to have a chance to buy them before the end of july

I wish I had them ready now, I will say they will be more expensive than anything else on the market due to the materials and design. @psychotiller has a compatible mount available now that works very well and is priced reasonably.

@chaka going off your recommendation for pulley sizes (36/16t) for a mono drive on that calculator you shared. For some reason 12mm Belts are greyed out. Any idea why? 12mm is as fat as I can find in the US (Miami Boards Wheel pulley, DIYs motor pulley) Also- should I be concerned about the teeth in mesh warning?

Are you sure your center to center distance is 25mm? I don’t think that is possible. 12mm belts have to be special ordered, it is not a standard size.

these guys stock 12mm’s in lots of sizes.

https://www.vbeltsupplies.com/products/vb-265-5m-12-timing-belt-synchronous?variant=89372259257 ($4.56 + shipping).

Haven’t tried them yet.

Anyone know if vbelts are good quality?

2 Likes