Ollin Vesc Availability

Burden of proof lies in whoever is making the claim. Feel free to link me.

FWIW, I’m not actually saying that your particular ESC didn’t fail. I’m saying that you’re coming in making statements of authority without backing up what you’re saying.

Furthermore, it’s actually pretty difficult to determine an exact point of failure unless you’ve done a complete post-mortem analysis, and even then it’s guesswork simply because these systems lack the sensor data granularity & logging to make it very accurate.

Many different factors at play. It’s hard to say whether or not an ESC failed due to an internal defect or due to external environmental circumstances such as heat, backdriven current spikes from impacts or physicality on the motors; any number of abnormalities beyond standard operating range in the power system can cause a mosfets and other more fragile components to fail.

The bottom line here is that all ESCs will fail over time and use. The FOCBOX has had plenty of failures and is considered one of the more robust ESCs on the market. All ESCs can and will fail. Your personal one time experience doesn’t immediately condemn a device.

6 Likes

Its been coming on for some time now Andrew and I’m not really good at expressing myself but I think I love you.

3 Likes

I’m saying that you’re coming in making statements of authority without backing up what you’re saying.

and AGAIN, I never said my experience is applicable to everyone. What’s so hard to understand about that? My experience is anecdotal, I don’t need to prove anything to you or anyone, I’m simply stating the experience I personally had. I only care that I know the VESC failed, I don’t really care if you believe it or not.

FWIW you gave yourself a concussion.

Burden of proof is on you for this one.

1 Like

Bleh, that price makes me want to one-up the VESC with my own ESC and firmware even more now.

3 Likes

That’s the point. You made a claim with no evidence.

We are all being cordial here and your’e being hostile. so let me make it plain. If you gonna let stupid fall out of your mouth, you WILL be called on it.

Nothing you’ve said to this point has had any basis in fact, just saying some stuff that cant be backed up with the sole objective being to cause a well known and respected vendor grief. Maybe google “scientific method” if you wanna no more. Either way, until you can be logical this is whats gonna keep happening.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes

Do it please

1 Like

What claim did I make? That my VESC failed within months and caused my fall? That’s complete fact. I’d agree with you if maybe I said “Ollin VESCs are bad and will fail on you”, but that’s not what I said.

I stand by everything I’ve said so far which is essentially recounting my own personal experience with ollin/focbox vescs. If I’m going to be chastized by the community for telling my personal story so be it, but I believe I did nothing wrong.

Additionally, I never called anyone names or threatened them. You guys have been more rude to me throughout this conversation as your message has already proven.

1 Like

Say that to my gurl one more time old man…

2 Likes

nobody is chastising you. the statement you made was inflammatory, by any standard, and I’m not the only one that thinks so. All I’m asking is that you provide some evidence of what happened to the VESC.

This statement has the following absolute content.

My Ollin VESC broke, but my FoCBox didn't. Ollin caused me to sustain a concussion.

Theres a lot going on there, If you honestly think negligence on Ollin’s part caused you to sustain a concision then call him out publicly for it. It can be debated and maybe a resolution reached, if theres a an issue it needs to be known.

I don’t own any Ollin VESC’s currently, I bought one used and had zero issues with it, later it was sold with the board it was in. From every source I have access too and everyone that I speak to on a regular basis, Ollin’s gear is top notch.

All I’m saying is that inflammatory statements will be a point to argue on this forum, every time, without fail.

3 Likes

It really isn’t hard to grasp the point here. Your vesc failed. You fell or whatever. Your vesc failed for an undisclosed or provable reason. There are so many variables at play with an isolated incident that is nigh on impossible to pinpoint what actually happened. So to come out all guns blazing on a product is pretty much bullshit. I for one have killed practically every vesc I have ever owned and most of it was my fault. Its diy. We build we learn we build again.

@SeanHacker :sunglasses:

Sure doesn’t feel that way

I did below, and in PMs with Ollin, and maybe one or two other threads I can’t recall because it’s been so long. The VESC absolutely failed, but again my post in this thread was anecdotal and wasn’t making any claims on Ollins quality or lack thereof so I didn’t bother substantiating anything.

Its all good man, I didn’t mean to come across as harsh. I only meant to prompt you to see that the statement was inflammatory.

1 Like

In retrospect, I can see that. Especially for newer people here who may not know who I am or have seen my posts in the past. What ticked me off was someone assuming that I gave myself a concussion.

2 Likes

I should have elaborated on that. The reason the statement concerned me was ‘new people’ reading it.

That moment when you are trying to just find a good vesc and you start a mini comment war

2 Likes

We should have a beta test for our new single ESC (VESC6 based) that should be a lot more reliable.

4 Likes

:0

Yeeeeeeeeeehaw I can’t wait to see how they fare

Can’t wait to see this :slight_smile:

Single ESC, right?

1 Like

tenor%20(7)

6 Likes

Brain played himself. That’s gotta be a first.

4 Likes