Ollin FreeRide Re-Curve

Lol I’ve got like almost a complete board, but keep changing my mind on the deck… Though I still have a Hummie deck I’ll likely use and then get one if these. Haven’t really been very active lately though as it’s been way too cold for awhile now.

Hoping @moon and I can get the 3 gear drive finished before the next riding season :slight_smile:

You should get the Hummie humming.

Finishing a build and getting some ride time on it will help shed light on what you want/need…

11 Likes

That’s extremely good advice (being serious)!

4 Likes

Definitely just build the hummie. My hummie build has been awesome. 12s destroys every single production board in every aspect and everyone that gets on it is impressed by the torque.

You kind-of remind me when people ask about building a computer. They always want the latest and greatest parts but there is always something better and something more powerful on its way. In the time you take waiting for the next best thing you could have been riding for a year and enjoying yourself! Get your board together and ride it IMHO. Work out if you want more torque or range/belts/DD and then adjust accordingly. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly I am amazed you have still not finished one of your boards. I say this as a friendly advice so please do not take it as an insult. There is no way to know what you need/want/like on an esk8 unless you have some serious riding time. Stop messing around and finish building that hummie. Do not even think about changing anything on it or ordering new stuff for at least 2-3 months.

8 Likes

@uigiroux We will start a google doc soon for what we are tentatively calling the “makers choice list”.

Now that we are completing production on the pre-production orders we will be selling decks as they are finished. Top of the list will get dibs and get to choose to purchase or pass it to the next person in line and so on.

11 Likes

I think this is a cool way of doing things. Limited batches sold as they come out.

That would enable the opportunity for cool limited edition stuff too!

10 Likes

@Friskies That’s a perfect example of why I’ve dragged this out for so long, I get all OCD about wanting the best of each component and I just keep extending my build time… Lol, I was thinking about getting a phone upgrade earlier today and decided I’ll wait a month or so since there’s a few phones coming out soon. Luckily I still have my first hummie deck, along with the original NESE modules… I’ve been putting off building my battery for the same reason. @taz I know I’m embarrassed I haven’t finished one yet :blush:. I’m gonna have it ready before winter ends though! I am planning on getting a couple of the new Maytech 6880’s though. Still gonna keep my TB 6380’s, but I feel compelled to over power it.

2 Likes

Why not enjoy the Hummie deck in analog while waiting, for skillage

That’s what I’m going to do. Since I kept changing my mind about decks I haven’t gotten around to making my battery yet since I wasn’t sure about configuration. You are right though, I am going to finish using the hummie deck. I just need to get 50 30Q’s, 2 motor pulleys with belts… oh and until I have the things to make my own enclosure I’ll use one of bigbens. Lol, that’s literally all I need. So in addition to those things I’ll be using: Hummie deck, dual TB 6380’s, TB 218 trucks, DieBieBMS, ESCape’s, boa 100mm wheels, push to start from MartinSP, metr pro BT, NESE modules for 12s4p, and I ordered a firefly with display from @Zyb. Then when I’m able to, I’m going to swap out the belt system for the 3 gear drive @moon and me are working on, the Re-Curve deck, Maytech 6880’s, Hoyt remote, upgrade to surf rodz trucks. Also I’ll probably build another battery pack using the newer Samsung 30T or 40T.

1 Like

Any updates on progress for people that haven’t received their order. Warm weather is coming to the PNW.

I was supposed to receive mine back in November. I don’t even care to ask for updates anymore

Boards are finally shipping. It has been a tough roll getting to this point but things are finally starting to smooth out.

@barajabali Since you sold your place to Mike we need him to contact us to arrange for payment due to paypal policy. We sent you a refund so we can keep things kosher and get Mike his deck.

12 Likes

Sick!!!

So psyched!

2 Likes

Amazing news . Can’t wait for my 2 . :man_dancing:t2:

4 Likes

You ordered 2 :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hopefully this means that my quad build will be starting soon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yup gonna set one up 13s4p with the unity and Hummie hubs and the other 12s5p with diagonal Ollin drive and Ollin vesc . Will be fun to see the difference

4 Likes

I am still hoping I can find room for 13s5p on the recurve for hummies, if not 12s5p it is!

2 Likes

60 cell cap minus the unity is around 52 unless you’re using the middle channels. Which can be done with some clever skullduggery but I’m trying to keep it simple . If u manage it let me know :+1:

1 Like