Ollin FreeRide Re-Curve

They are on holiday. Pretty sure they will respond soon :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Still waitingā€¦ growing restless lol

Me too, still figuring out why they removed everything as in stock. :thinking:

Probably because they are on Vacation.

They are literally a small Mom and Pops shop, and when they go on Vacay, who is there to ship?

They probably took stuff down while they are gone so people donā€™t lose their minds when ā€œin stockā€ items donā€™t ship instantly.

10 Likes

Sorry incorrect wording, meant their main items are out of stock (ex. Revolver mounts, vesc, and recurve deck), all other stuff including popoca wheels are in stock.

All of those things have a large amount of time invested into being made. How many recurves can one man make whilst also assembling vescs and running the CNC for the mounts?

1 Like

Anybody had any updates yet? I havenā€™t had a reply since Jan the 1st and that was to just wish me a Happy New Year.

Yea, I got a reply 3 days ago but very generic, no actual info on my specific order, eta, etc

Fingers crossed somebody will be back in the office soon as dying to start my new build(s)

1 Like

It would be great to see some updates! I know you guys were out for the holidays and Barrett Jackson but can you let us all know where this is at?

@chaka @OllinBoardCompany

Guys, why donā€™t you PM or email if this is about pending orders or stock levels?

Bumping the same thread with the same questions is just obnoxious. They will get notifications all the same when they get back from vacation.

Not every online retailer operates like Amazon

3 Likes

Hmm, why do you think Iā€™d be commenting in the progress thread if Iā€™d been getting replies by PM or DMā€¦?

1 Like

Btw, itā€™s very obnoxious that people keep using the ā€œthis isnā€™t Amazonā€ justification. I agree, this is not Amazon, itā€™s a community and there should be common courtesy. Iā€™m reasonable, I get that delays happen but because this is a community there should be a personal touch. It would be great to let customers know if delays happen and a new ETA, proactively. Taking money and not replying is not ideal whether youā€™re a massive company or the mom & pop shop down the street.

8 Likes

I like hummies method. He has had delays and problems like everyone else, but still always gives you updates and gets back to his customers.

5 Likes

maybe thereā€™s a carvon / ollin collab in the works!

kidding!!! iā€™m sure itā€™ll be worth the wait!

3 Likes

Im sure this comment boiled some blood

1 Like

Just trying to lighten up the convo

3 Likes

Funny you say this cause my deck will be getting 2x sdv4 installed on it. This wait is killing me though :frowning:

2 Likes

You must be new here.

Thatā€™s great that you have an opinion on what you expect from a very small business, run by 2 people, aware that they are out on vacation. In my opinion you come across as pretty privileged and whiney.

Not long ago everything took weeks, even months to receive on the internet.

One has a choice to purchase things wherever one likes these days. Itā€™s also entirely on the consumer to manage their own expectations when purchasing from small shops. Thereā€™s not a lot of money to be made here, for almost all small vendors here this is a labor of love because theyā€™re passionate about it.

Being able to purchase hand made, custom electric skateboard components from those that love this sport is a privilege to anyone who canā€™t design and produce this stuff themselves.

6 Likes

Youā€™re taking this too far imo.

Eboosted has been very polite as has everyone else, because Ollin has been a very respected contributor.

But missing delivery dates by months with no updatesā€¦ the customers deserve an update. If thereā€™s none to be had they should share information, hopefully in a polite manner.

I donā€™t see any vendor bashing here.

1 Like