OLLIN Freeride deck Clone thought

Please post some pictures even if it’s early prototyping I need to see this !!!

Wait, you have back legs too? I must be doing something wrong. I only have one leg on the back. Maybe that’s why

1 Like

Regular. The leg above the motor is always numb at mile 6. Even with little weight on it. The vibration is felt more near the drive

:thinking: my third leg? Legs? Legeses? Hahaha

Legii

@PredatorBoards how much for that deck?

You have to excuse me, my English is not very good while being way better than French average hahah

I can’t say I would be happy if you clone my designs or methods but you are acknowledging us/giving credit for the innovation so it would be difficult for me to be upset. The integrated wood composite eboard is very much a part of our image and style but it is inevitable that someone will follow our lead eventually :smiley:

Our design is very unique, to my knowledge there isn’t anything else on the market built like the FreeRide. Many have said our integrated decks created a whole new class in the electric skateboard market, similar to the high-end sports car market where most of the cars are still built by hand with great care.

I have been busy training a team to help me in the shop so they will be much more widely available in 2018. The growth of our company has been slow but please understand we manufacture nearly every component in our boards here in our shop. This has allowed us to refine our designs and methods to a very high degree of detail.

We are currently looking for a larger facility so we can house several more hydraulic presses and a larger cnc router. When this happens everyone who wants an Ollin integrated deck will be able to order one and have it within a week. To make this happen we will also need warehouse/repair agents located in the EU and possibly AU in order to reach everyone. It isn’t going to easy but it is in our plans for future growth.

9 Likes

WOW! I must tell you something. Till now I thought that you have pictures of incomplete board on your website :blush: Looks amazing! So maybe I’m not the brightest person but you should market that better :slight_smile:

1 Like

Admittedly, marketing is not my strong suit. For now we are happy to spend our marketing budget with Concrete Wave mag.

I am a builder/fabricator/designer. My people are builders/riders/collectors and once they are hooked on the sport and selling family heirlooms for eboards they usually know where to find me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@chaka you’ve done so much for this community with your work. Your work has inspired me. TBH, I thought of a hollow core deck wood deck back before you even posted any pictures or talked about it. When I saw yours, I knew you were way of ahead of me, but I didn’t see your board and say, I wana copy that. I said I want to do something different. No offense, but It seems like your board is very flat. Flat boards are easier in a sense, but they ride like garbage. Instead of pressing a pretty flat deck, which makes the cnc milling easier, I do mine more like a tradition skateboard. This allows me you put a lot of steep concave into the deck.

I think I’m not going to be the last person either to want to do something like this. But at the end of the day, we all have our own methods of creating a similar product.

It’s like, someone made a motor mount, and then another guy made a motor mount after him. Did that guy copy the first? not necessarily, because they each have their own designs.

Our decks are not flat… I can mill any shape I want with my method. Nothing holding us back in that department. I can make a lunchtray too :wink:

3 Likes

I know you have been equipment than me by far, that allows you to machine super concavy decks. But the deck so far looks like a mellow concave at best. You should come out to one of the LA Performance days in the future. We had a great turn out so far, but we need more of the big innovators like you to come out so we can all keep innovating. Until I ride a free ride, I have no idea what you really have. And until you ride my board, you don’t have any idea what we have. I think I surprised a lot of people (including jerry) with how much power our hub motors can put out.

Not to mention great for marketing! It is about 12 hours driving for you (it’s 7 hours for me coming from SF), but well worth it to see what others innovators are doing and figuring out how we can help each other innovate even more!

1 Like

Still trying to convince me on hubs :sweat_smile: You have the best hubz… we get it! I build what I like to ride and what I want in an eboard. I will be in your area soon enough, be interesting to see if you can keep pace with us. :wink:

I don’t need to convince you of anything. I just want you to know what the hubs out there feel like these days.

Up until 2 days ago, I would never had considered a trampa build, but after riding bigboytoys trampa, I’m feeling like I should do one. You keep doing you, at the end of the day, that’s what makes us all unique. But it’s nice sometimes to ride what others have built, it sparked a lot of idea for me!

ahhh. Wouldn’t be eskating without a little trash talking, ehh? lol. I’m excited for the pikes peak race. Hope to have even larger hub motors by then for the race. Can’t wait to meet you in person and ride your board.

All in good fun @evoheyax

Skateboards come in many flavors. Why should eboards be any different? You may not like our decks, many others do. For me it is about having fun doing what I do and enjoying the ride.

You can always add more concave with just a few pieces of grip tape. Too much and you’re not going have a good feeling after 30 miles… I have a Louis pilloni arrow that I never ride because it feels like I’m standing in a bathtub lol.

Some early pictures. More info and more pictures soon. I ll make topic about it.

The deck is 36inch - All in black matte paint. Carbon Fiber with wooden core and fiber glass

8 Likes

Hyperbeast? Like Hypebeast?, but more Hype? Looks great…how can I get one…ditch the name

2 Likes

Nothing to do with hypebeast. More like AWP HyperBeast from CS GO if you know what it is :wink: whatever the name …typography has to stay …its part of the beauty. I ll post more info in a few days.

5 Likes

you should color the griptape like the hyperbeast!

4 Likes