Official RipTide Sports Custom eSk8 Tunnel Riser "Group Buy" [Completed]

Ok I’m looking forward to it.

OK, I have an unconfirmed report that the member that spawned the idea for the Tunnel Riser has been injured as I have not been able to contact him, I have sent @squishy654 a test part and I am looking for three people in immediate need that can test the first run we did for fit, finish and functionality.

I have three available that I can ship to members that have ordered the risers already, recipients must be in the USA for faster feedback. This shipment will not take the place of what you have ordered so no need to worry about the color we are shipping (Orange).

Happy Fathers day to all the dads out there and to be fair, the first three that respond here that have ordered and are in the USA will receive the test parts! Since you have already ordered, we have your ship to address.

6 Likes

I’ll try to see if I can run it with a Pulse Echo , I need a reason to put IT back together , I’m in !

1 Like

I’ll take one! I can swap it onto my carvy little Spud. And the color is awesome.

1 Like

2 down one to go!

I would but I’m waiting on my VESC from @JohnnyMeduse and I don’t think it will be here when the riser gets here

ill snag one, and ordered

I would wait the please @bplatoff

Yeah I will don’t want to cause a delay

1 Like

@Aleks please let me know what name to find the order under

Sure you don’t want to pop one in an envelope to the UK??

Absolutely positive!

1 Like

OK thank you all, the three remaining test parts are headed out Monday to:

@Jc06505n @Mobutusan @Aleks

6 Likes

20180618_19444220180618_19443620180618_194430

11 Likes

Looks good dude, although as per above I’d watch the motor wire insulation with the riser flipped the way you have it. The edge of the base plate is often 90 degrees so with the truck movement flexing the wires against that sharp edge over time with a bit of dust and dirt that acts like abrasive you could develop a short there over time against a material that is conductive. Leveraging against the thane should reduce the ware and in a worst case is not conductive.

3 Likes

In fairness his handle is squishy :grin:may be awkward to get the phases to route tidy if you flip the riser, it’s a point tho,shorts are bad mkay

@squishy654 are you running single or dual idlers, I still don’t know if dual holds any advantage over single on the slack side.

The risers are tight, and that’s not a bad thing, they capture the wires well and they barely move but they do shift a little. I think you guys are correct, I need to mount them against the deck itself. the risers could be longer and fatter to accommodate larger trucks like atlas and bolzen, also they could taper to the deck, widening as they go a little, it helps stabilize thos big eskate hangers at 218mm. I am using two long haired boy 190kv motors here in this 1st mounting test, the wires are typical of most high end high power motors, but the wires are long on the motor itself, verses the vesc like with the Hobbyking kit. With the HK kit I would be forced to mount the vesc wires under the riser and bullet connectors would be between the truck and riser, not the best configuration but I will give it a try for a picture. I would like to see them slightly larger in all dimensions, also the slot for mounting hardware should be two holes instead to create a more stable base, again for these giant long hangers…

PS, they are a pain to install because you need like 6 hands to hold in the wires while mounting a heavy truck with motors mounted to it. I will work on a better method just because it’s dangerous to mess it up, you will smash your phase wires…

2 Likes

Look what Popped up! Nice and sturdy , took me a while to figure it out (I was like where’s the holes like a dumbass.make sure your wires aren’t short or there’s no point of the riser. It looks flexible like rubber but feels sturdy. Maybe it’s the transparency that throws me off.

Bad pictures sicne I don’t have screws to hold I.T down but:

imageimage

I worry It might not fit my Echo wires which are similar to Carvons DD.

Thanks @Alphamail

Again , sorry about the low quality pics , but a test fitting with sensor motors with 12 awg wires

imageimageimageimage image

As you can see , no way your fitting that sensored wires in, though if it’s long enough like mines I.T shouldn’t be an issue.

3 Likes

Got the riser from @Alphamail and it looks well made and solid.

The translucent color is a little deceptive as it makes it look as if it should be squishy, but its very much solid.

My hub motors were supposed to be here yesterday, but DHL ding dong ditched me so now I have to wait until Monday for them and to finish up the build over the weekend.

anxious to get everything together at this point.

Ill also be needing to pick up longer bolts since the ones on hand are too short.

1 Like