Official RipTide Sports Custom eSk8 Tunnel Riser "Group Buy" [Completed]

Finally getting around to install these on my Spud. Gonna try to carve them into submission. (Not gonna happen :wink:).

They are harder than they look, like a petrified gummy bear, and they feel very solid. And the translucent color is really cool. I think @b264 suggested the idea of LED’s in the riser, but I ain’t got time for that, so a shredlight mounted in front of it will have to do for now. 20180624_220421 20180624_220416

Before mounting them on my single Carvon v2.5 Spud, I thought I’d check the fit of dual sensored motor wires, and although it’s tight, they do seem to fit, 12awg sensor wires and all. 20180624_135610

9 Likes

Those look absolutely incredible with the leds

1 Like

Yeah, they light up beautifully. I can’t wait to see how the blue and red ones look.

1 Like

some pictures of it inatalled. it does seem to be a bit in the way of the shred light and their mounts, so the cable needs some slack to be out of the way, but aside from that fit is great.

IMG_20180626_123500IMG_20180626_123449IMG_20180626_123432

5 Likes

How is everyone going with the trial/test fit?

Pro/Con?

Can I still buy these

2 Likes

Yes, follow instruction in 1st post bro.

@squishy654 @Jc06505n @Mobutusan @Aleks

Please summarize your thoughts on the design, in particular:

Go with the design as is or does it need modification? I can open up the spacing for the wires in height and width but to do so the exterior will grow slightly but the overall height can stay the same. The exterior dimensions are at the low end of the spectrum so there is room to grow. I would prefer to do this right the first time we go into production.

3 Likes

Overall, I like the design, but if possible, I would like the riser to be a bit lower profile since I like to only use as much riser as necessary. The riser could be a bit wider and longer if that would help making it lower profile, and also cover the full area of the baseplate. I’d rather the riser be slightly oversize to accommodate various baseplates than too small. And if that allows for a slightly wider area for the wires to exit, even better.

I’d also like to see some old school type board rails in those yummy gummy colors that could accommodate some strip LED’s, and serve as grab rails for picking up and carrying the board. Something like this, but maybe tailored to Esk8 a bit more with a slightly more ergonomic shape for fingers to grasp. skate-noize-we-surf-while-you-skate-old-school-skateboarding-skateboard-deck-rails VISRLS-2

7 Likes

Solid feedback bro, thanks, I concur with much of what you said :+1:

2 Likes

Oh thats a cool idea!

1 Like

Will 10awg and a sensor wire fit? Not for typical builds but maybe those bigger amp builds. Is not an edge case anymore to pull 100A+ with large motors and a big pack, if possible support 10awg to be all inclusive. A few mm, not sure of impact on feel and stability

DSC_0035

So I am with Mobu, I really like my risers to be at least as big as my trucks base plate or a touch larger.

& looking at the feed back from reviews thus far it appears that three 10AWG motor wire will fit or three 12AWG motor wires and the sensor wires so people are running out of space with sensor-ed 10AWG motors.

3 Likes

borrowed picture.

i would say take some meat off the corners marked in green, to ease angle cables enter and have more wiggle room, and maybe round more of the corners.

2018_06_28_024455

5 Likes

Not at the office so I can’t experiemnt but they should , but only the phase wires not the sensors

1 Like

It’s a good design a bit more spacing to accommodate 10awg with sensors as 12 awg wires make it difficult to fit the sensors wires. I’ll be able to give more details tomorrow once I’m at the office.

Any plans for making a taller riser (insane I know) for Carvon folks? Motors with Electroc Bike Connectors are a no go with these.

Just for fun, here are a few more shots of the riser with a white shredlight mounted in front of the riser, facing rearward. Makes a cool taillight. Gonna try to find time to test out LED strip lighting too. @alphamail, I’d really like to see some translucent board rails for grabbing and picking up the board. Even cooler would be either an embedded led strip or maybe a waterproof 2 piece sandwich design that will accommodate LED strip lighting of your choice.

20180628_210534 20180628_210600 20180628_210610 20180628_210751 20180628_210802 20180628_210852

9 Likes

That is awesome @LunarKim you have been beat, accept it :joy:

6 Likes

Yeah I definitely want to get a set of these. are there any plans for changes since the first test group? Should I just wait a few weeks for version 1.1?

1 Like

@Skunk, Brad aka RipTide wont be doing multiple versions. What ever changes that will be made will be made now before production. If you would like to get on board, follow the directions in the first post, you will also get a chance to purchase any other RipTide products you like with no added extra postage.

2 Likes