Official RipTide Sports Custom eSk8 Tunnel Riser "Group Buy" [Completed]

The deeper channel option might come in handy for 10 gauge wires, but for reference, this is how much of the total channel area that 12awg+sensor wires take up when all moved to one side (only about 60-70% of the opening). 20180911_213106

And if you also made a lower profile version, like 9-10mm thick with a 7-8mm deep channel (it’s 8mm deep now from my measurements), you could stack 2 to accommodate really fat wires and even mix & match colors.

20180911_212803

4 Likes

Wow that would be good to have on giant motors. Not sure which ones actually have wires that thick :laughing:

Are you still able to tug the wires when they are compressed like that? Is it possible for them to get that way in regular use?

The stack option is interesting but it gets a bit expensive for the end user to throw that much cash at specialized risers.

3 Likes

LoL @Alphamail you haven’t been around esk8 very long, huh

It’s funny but it’s not funny. Although it’s all WAAAAAAY cheaper and more fun than a dirty-ass automobile

5 Likes

That’s true, but on the other hand, a lower profile riser could appeal to the “little to no riser” set of builders, would use less material, and if you were to sell them at like $15-16 each, and only needed one, it could actually save some money. And then if you sold a 2 pack for like $30, then you get the full front and rear set for a good price, and the flexibility of stacking them if necessary. Then the next inevitable question of whether to use ugly no-name risers on the front, or just buy another pair from Riptide. Hmmmm…:thinking:

We Esk8ers love options, even if we don’t use them, and these risers are one of the least expensive parts in this hobby anyway.

2 Likes

This is not a hobby for a lot of folks, it’s just transportation

2 Likes

Yore write. This isn’t just a hobby or transportation for a lot of folks, it’s a religion (cult?), and an addiction, and a money pit, and mental therapy, and the purest electrically motorized manifestation of a restless DIY soul. :nerd_face:

But if it’s just transportation to you, well…:thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :kissing_heart: :joy:

9 Likes

@Alphamail @brenternet bought me one of these and I think I’ve put it to good use. Nice work. image

8 Likes

Why on that drop through hummie deck though?

And those are v2 carvons? Didn’t know they use screw on pulley type fastening.

The carvons won’t work drop though as the cans foul on the deck when you turn… I think they’re 2.5? They came from @evoheyax

2 Likes

Ah yes that is true especially for you. I know how loose you like your trucks to be.

1 Like

Just saw Muirskate had TunnelRisers on sale at around the intro price we got. Get them now if you’ve been looking

https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/products/73092/riptide-tunnel-risers

8 Likes

Yeah I had seen a while ago that they had them. I talked to Scott about getting surfrodz 200mm rkp’s he said that he currently doesn’t have the budget to include them but will look at it in the future.

1 Like

We are thinking about a new version of the Tunnel Riser that might reduce the price and increase the side wire clearance as well as their overall versatility

2 Likes