Official RipTide Sports Custom eSk8 Tunnel Riser "Group Buy" [Completed]

@Alphamail so going into Sunday correct not going into Monday.

1 Like

Midnight Sunday is the cutoff

So tonight I’m am looking at getting them as an improvement to my board. I already got krank chubbies and barrels on it . Not related but do you do cups for the liquid attach trucks?

1 Like

Yes, Liquid / Attack trucks are listed here: http://www.riptidesports.com/wfb-96a-pivot-cup-choices/

There no difference in those or the 100a/95/90a cups on there right just the duro is the difference?

We only make the Liquid in 96a

1 Like

Ordering 2 now.

1 Like

Please remember that the TR’s are only available on the website as we have suspended the gift certificate initiative for the introduction.

Two early adopters are still missing in action so if anyone can put us in contact with Ernesto Acosta and Sami Mamne, we have not heard from them!

4 Likes

Some clearance issues have come up DIY’s running really fat pipes and I took a look at the design to ask here if changing the tunnel height to 12 mm from 8 mm would cover the trend towards large diameter wires?Tunnel%20Riser%20rev%20F%20saeTunnel%20Riser%20rev%20F%20metric

3 Likes

Should Brad increase the Tunnel height of his Tunnel Riser from 8mm to 12mm?

• yes
  • No

0 voters

@Cobber Overall height remains the same, just more head height for the wires. This could actually be a second product for extra clearance

1 Like

If it’s selling well, I would make a second version for that unless it’s far cheaper to modify the existing mold

1 Like

I’m the type of guy who likes options :joy:

3 Likes

Having the urethane that thin won’t compromise the strength or integrity of it? How thin can you go?

1 Like

It is acting as a connecting web at this thickness to keep the 4 pillars aligned. I would not want to go much thinner.

2 Likes

Makes sense. Already seemed thin enough to me. I don’t have a problem getting all the phase and sensor wires in, so if you could go thin on the bottom and reduce the overall height while keeping the same size wire routing area, you could have a low pro riser option as well. I’d go for that.

3 Likes

Do you have photos when you routed all the wires in? was there some allowance for movement on the wires in your experience?

I have seen several threads where the wires are very tight in the current configuration. Perhaps they are extreme cases but something to consider.

1 Like

It’s pretty snug with all wires side by side, but there’s also room available to route the sensor wires over the phase wires instead. Realistically, they won’t stay side by side when in use, and will all “float” around in the channel, which is fine, but there is more than enough room for all the wires. 20180624_135610

4 Likes

Right. maybe I’m not trying to get them flat across the channel properly which is why I ended up laying the sensor wires over the phase wires. But like you mentioned, They will be moving about during actual usage so it wouldn’t matter much anyway as long as they can move freely around.

Don’t think there’s a need for a riser with more space unless using thicker wires? I recall my phase wires are at 12awg

2 Likes