Carvon Discussion

Best way go about a chargeback?

go someone to a lawyer because his both website are open and people pay more and more money to him and get no boards?

How did you pay and how long ago did you make the payment?

i paid Oct 24, '17 using paypal credit. If you know of any recourse i have, it would be greatly appreciated. Also anyone know what @Michaelinvegas has to say about any of this ?

Good luck man. I ordered right at the same time. I’ve texted and emailed Jerry hundreds of times. I have a pending small case claim against him. It’s already been approved and is awaiting a date.

But that’s only an option for me because I live in California.

I would call the bank first. Depending on which one, they may still allow a chargeback.

Unfortunately for me, I don’t even have that bank anymore.

It’s sad too because for the longest time I was trying to defend the guy. I’ve met him several times and he seemed to be trying his best. But after he knew I was no longer in the area, his attitude changed. In fact the only reason he ever started communicating with me by phone is because I went to his house a few times.

Good luck guys…I know there’s a few people that got their drives, and are happy to stay it if this discussion. I was one of them…just hope you don’t need repairs

4 Likes

Man what is not working in your DD? I think you can find someone around you that can fix it. Better than don’t use them

1 Like

The biggest issue here is that despite Jerry’s horrible lack of communication, he was a great maker and seller of his previous drives which is why many of us trusted the group buy. Michael is not to be blamed in this mess up, nor should @longhairedboy or @psychotiller be blamed for the lack of EVO or EXO Pro updates and delivery as Jerry hasn’t paid or provided parts to produce them.

I’m wondering if Jerry is even alive because my calls and messages are not being answered.

6 Likes

Yeah I have a 4wd SD setup. I haven’t even been able to use it because it has bad wheel wobble. I took it to Jerry twice and it was just given back the same. After that he just started to ignore me.

If it was just that, I’d probably just find someone to do the repair. Im having to go to court because I did an XL order transfer several months ago to @sandervandenhurk. After many months decided he doesn’t want to wait years for drives that won’t be fixed if needed (because Jerry completely ignores him). Since I paid Jerry for the drives, Sander paid me through PayPal. This means he has no means of a chargeback.

I feel obligated to help Sander. He trusted me during the order transfer process and he doesn’t deserve to be screwed. He’s a young guy with a new kid and these drives weren’t cheap. I I ever get any money for the XL drives it will go straight to him.

11 Likes

Got it. Yeh we are talking about of a lot of money. I hope you and the other buyers will get your money back.

2 Likes

Would talking to Shopify (webshop platform handler) about Carvon/Jerry reap any progress? Perhaps disable his ability to sell or take down his site??

Youre fucking awesome dude. Good on you for pressing Jerry. Maybe the your court case with Jerry regarding Carvon will speed up the refund/chargeback process that others are having as well.

1 Like

I don’t blame @Michaelinvegas but in his own words he said “I am putting my Carvon Hat on”, started a group buy but then also went radio silent. I’m just curious what his point of view is as in any other group buy, we would look to the person that started the group buy for some insight as well. Not throwing him under the bus, just thought he may be able to provide some assistance / insight into the issue. We really don’t have many choices on who to reach out to regarding this.

3 Likes

I send a mail today asking if they can give me informations about jerry because i made a complaint at the FTC. But i’m from france so i don’t know if it will achieve to something

3 Likes

not thrilled about any of this, but we’re moving on. We’re building the BioBoards batteries and shipping them out stateside and i may have just landed a deal with ArcBoards to assemble their boards for stateside sales as well so they can offer free shipping to US customers and get them out faster.

evolves keep the lights on, custom builds keep the parts flowing in so i can stockpile them.

it sucks but i think individually everyone needs to decide for themselves if they’ve waited too long and what to do about it. Some have called thier bank. Some have waited. Some have asked me to just build one out of his parts and pay me for it.

We have not “officially” cut ties with carvon, but we’re not expecting to deal with them anymore either. Its kind of fucked up because we’re basically having to treat it like carvon just died and left their stuff at our house. I have piles of leftovers from when the directions changed so many times and nothing I need to build the last board I owe him.

9 Likes

to be clear, i am not building carvons out from under Jerry. Until i know that its game over for them, I won’t be offering anything on a landyachtz evo, and i won’t be selling his parts or using them in builds.

however, if somebody says they’re tired of waiting and wants one of mine instead, i’ll take $200 off the list price.

4 Likes

You had us in the first half…

Let us know when we can gobble up the sweet remains of carvon :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Will you offer repair services for the drives in the future when Carvon is “completely” gone?

Wooow I’m so happy I got my refund from paypal yesterday… they have been trying to find him also as I had a claim escalating for awhile…they shut it down and refunded me in my favor…thank fuck… they wanted everything I knew about carvon and all of my emails if your over 120 days your dicked for any refund…and if he goes tits up no one will get anything …this is terrible …

6 Likes

I will help Carvon’s customers as best as i can on the boards that i built. @psychotiller built the remainder of them so i have no idea what he’s planning, but if you got a 4WD Evo built by me and it has peroblems down the road, i’ll do what i can.

That means i probably won’t be able to help you if the motors take a shit or the deck gets destroyed, but if there’s an issue with wiring or fried VESCs or some sort of battery problem i can probably help you. I can at least get you pointed in the right direction.

I forsee a lot of Carvon Evos with alternate direct drives and some even going to belts.

8 Likes

Great to hear!

2 Likes