Carvon Discussion

Yeah I feel you man. Since I bought these beautiful six shooters from @psychotiller, I drove down to see him, and he was nice enough to try to compensate for the wheel wobble by adjusting the screws where it mounts on. It’s better but it at high speeds it’s still significant. Not to mention the compensation wouldn’t work at all for any other type of wheel such as abec. I don’t ride it at all because I don’t want the court to ask why I was riding around on motors that were broken (and I don’t want to eat shit). He seemed like a decent guy the few times I met him, but I’m stating to feel like it was just to have me trust him and get me off his porch. If he just answered my texts asking ,give me a little bit of time to exchange (or repair) my speed drives since he’s backed up, I would have been completely understanding. Last time I left his place of business, he basically said he had no other ideas on how to fix the wobble, so obviously I need a replacement on these essentially unused drives. It’s severe, especially before tiller helped with it a bit.

And of course I want Carvon to refund me for @sandervandenhurk so I can pay him back through PayPal. Since he paid me for the place in line for the order, and I’m the one who paid Carvon, I am responsible for retrieving the refund from Carvon. Even though I may be able to get help getting my drives repaired by another member of the forum, Sander never received an order at all, and I placed that order for him in December of 2017. He doesn’t even want the drives at this point. Even if they were being sent out tomorrow, he’s understandably concerned about getting any needed repairs when Carvon isn’t willing to help. We aren’t rich people. Sander is younger and just had a kid. I’m seriously willing to fly down to the Pasadena, California Small Claims court just to help him get his money back. I’m in the area often enough so I’m not giving up.

It should never have to come to this simply to get a refund for a missing drive and a replaced/repaired broken drive. The claim has been filed, I just don’t know how long it would take for them to set a date.

I’m a very understanding person, but in this scenario, the less you complain the further back you get pushed back in the order list.

Regular contact could have helped Jerry avoid all of this, but this is just step one. If this isn’t successful I will get legal help from a relative that luckily is a lawyer. They just reccomend this as a first step.

2 Likes

Battle harden is not that difficult. Just need to find the right epoxy or mix up the right thickness that it’s nice to work with. Plus get this wooden sticks they really help a lot to take away the epoxy from the magnets.

2 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t look too hard. Looks kind of fun, actually. I have a couple disassembled SK3s on the bench to practice on first. The SD XLs might be a little harder to replace if I screw up the job. How are yours holding up?

I have been in vacation the last 2,5 weeks so unfortunately I can’t give a good update on it.

1 Like

???

2 Likes

I always have a hard time without my boards… Was close to buy that old evolve I found on the island :joy::see_no_evil: image

3 Likes

At this point I’m really wondering if Jerry is alive. He sucks at communication but this is a bit odd

1 Like

I went to his place of business on Jan 17th, to pick back up the motors which he still hadn’t fixed for the second time. He claimed he didn’t see the problem but everyone else can see it clear as day.

He knew I was coming back up to San Francisco that weekend and the day I left was the day he stopped responding to texts.

I doubt anything has happened him. This is a pattern.

2 Likes

This is what I was saying @moon help this man with proof of this forum and all the member missing there products. There is a shit pile let’s get help guys …I’m willing to pitch in

3 Likes

I’m going to be busy today but I’ll post a Google form here

2 Likes

Once he starts getting subpenas id be willing to bet he’ll finally come back here

1 Like
4 Likes

I prefer to stay out of these kind of things but I thought I should say the following as I don’t believe anybody has in a while.

I waited a long time for my carvon gear but I ended up getting what I wanted in the end. So, as someone with no stakes in the company outside of my drives, I would recommend that you think long and hard before you go to lawyers with pitchforks and charge backs as this might cause more damage than help.

I’m sure that there are a lot of you out there waiting for boards and drives respectively. If you all go asking for charge backs and legal action I’m sure that only so many can actually be paid out. Then you have to ask “what about the others?”.

I do stress that I am not saying don’t do it. Just make sure that you clearly understand the repercussions of the actions prior to taking them.

8 Likes

Yeah. The whole vendor bashing rule exist because we are trying to build up esk8 business not tear then down. I did my best to assist Jerry with the communication in order to calm down the angrier customers. I even helped with a few EXO Pro battery builds and hand delivered stuff from psychotiller because I live close to Dave and make the commute to Jerry county most weekends…then he just ghosted. I will help if he asks but he’s a full grown adult so it all goes back to him.

7 Likes

I dunno. I see it like this. His IDEA was great. But his execution is terrible. At this point there is really only 2 actions. Charge backs, or send the dam drives. If he cant then his business sense is obv lacking and he needs to be slaped in the face with this fact by the charge backs and court orders. he needs to realize that he either needs a partner, or sell his intilectual idea

Sometimes ya gotta hit rock bottom to see the light…

I just responded to the survey. I don’t have time to scroll up and read everyone’s comments on this thread, but know that I am here and I am frustrated and I want to help make the best decision for all of us. I live in the Bay Area and I am willing to drive to SoCal if needed. I was planning on doing it myself eventually. $1759 is a lot of money for me and I damn well want it back. I want the product, or the money. Whichever can come first. I just want this behind me and I want to move on with my gd life.

4 Likes

At this point I can’t imagine why anyone would want to wait for their product anymore. if this is what you have to go through to get what you paid for, what’s going to happen when something breaks and you need maintenance and you can’t it yourself?

4 Likes

good lord you are right @skunk. i was naive to back this and i’m learning my lesson. harshly.

Everyone, consider filing a complaint with the FTC. I will. Numbers will flag them to look at this.

2 Likes

It sucks because I honestly have been hoping to order a set since I joined this site… i just can’t bring myself to do it after all these posts.

5 Likes

@Skunk this should help you decide to some buy carvon products or not . Take a look at all of us waiting . Sad part I’m sure there is more too. Screenshot_20190210-113947