Carvon Discussion

I am very grateful I hopped off this ship TBH.

An XL drive was literally my first ever DIY esk8 purchase…
Since then I have built 5 boards with more projects all the time, started skinning decks and enclosures in fabric and carbon fiber, and have had a blast in the DIY scene.

Can’t imagine if I “held out” for these.

(Low key still fucking want some XLs though)

8 Likes

I don’t think that I can do a chargeback. When I bought it off of their website they did not offer paypal, only card. I doubt that you can chargeback something on a debit card for a year ago.

I would try and contact the bank in this case and tell them you ordered and they haven’t delivered and there is no longer any communication.

Hard lesson for next time. Always order via credit.

But in this case I’m sure your order will be delivered. Just no clue when.

If he’d answer I’m also sure he’d refund you.

Does anyone know the main contact?

I’ve bought paid for Carvon v4s and pledged for the board on Indiegogo and haven’t received anything.

Has the seller been refunding anyone?

I think the only option is for credit card chargebacks or class action lawsuits to get your money back.

The chat option is not in their exoboards.com site anymore. Just an email option and if he’s not responding to DMs, emails or text, then I’m not sure what he expects paid customers to do.

@Lever for the millionth time. Please come on and respond and explain your current business delays and plans. People gave you their money. You owe them a little respect.

10 Likes

It’s pretty crazy, right? If he’s stopped working on things he took money for, perhaps for the long term survival of the company, the ideal thing to do is refund us until he’s ready to work on them again, and put them up for sale at that time.

At the very minimum he owes the unwitting investors an explanation and timeline.

I’m pretty chill, and I want Jerry to succeed, and I want those motors. But it’s hard for me to keep rationalizing to myself that it’s okay.

1 Like

Mike, Jerry has responded.

He said his focus was putting these drives on Ebay and Amazon, clear as day. So the people who funded the terrible business model this has become are on the bottom of the list. It’s all very clear.

He stated would be here more and active in December, that was obviously nonsense.

I think that allowing the group buy to happen on the forum while there as so many customers with back orders being utterly ignored was the height of favoritism on the forum. It was irresponsible and actions like that erode the foundation that this community was built on, trust and respect.

@LEVer does not respect his customers, if he did he would be here explaining his actions. He’s left them high and dry and he hides behind the old boys club and good old days on endless sphere while giving paid customers the finger.

Any other seller here would be banned, drawn and quartered. Instead of that we have @Michaelinvegas running group buys for him and people he meets up with for group rides defending him. When does it end gentlemen? I think it’s enough now. You’ve embarrassed yourselves defending this crap.

Lest we forget, we’re talking about hundreds of thousands of dollars, this situation makes @bimmer look like a saint.

15 Likes

This won’t help us paying customers at all.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t at all now, no. We’re waaaaay beyond that point. Like a year beyond.

1 Like

I feel like people knew what to expect when there was another gb opened, but that still doesn’t make it right.

Does anyone know when the next group ride will be? I want to talk to Jerry in person. I live pretty close to SoCal and I’m willing to drive.

2 Likes

Jesus. I feel for all of you.

I got my exo drives within 10 days and have had zero issues so its heart breaking to read some of the stories here.

I use them a bit less now that I have a trampa pnuemetic setup but they are a joy to ride. I think about selling them every once in a while but then I realise how difficult they are to get hold of and end up keeping them. haha

3 Likes

@mutantbass thank you for the sympathy… it’s been two years since I gave Jerry $1750 via Kickstarter and I’ve been down that money ever since. I’d go back and keep my money in a heartbeat. I’m willing to take a trip to investigate in person because nothing I do online makes a difference. Not that it keeps me up at night, but… some nights it keeps me up at night. I want to clear this debut and resentment and move on with my life.

3 Likes

Shit man :frowning:

I guess I got super lucky. I am all the way in europe too so wonder what is going on.

maybe hes much better with shipping drives only vs completes.

I hope you have been able to ride something all this time you been waiting.

Has anyone processed a successful chargeback? I think, at this stage, it’s be way too long since the date of purchase.

1 Like

Nope no motors here… I’m from that group buy in August … I don’t think any one got them except for @dspx is the only one saying so far…he has alot of my money too… I have two exo/torque drive still waiting on. I heard from him last just before Christmas my drive we’re gonna be sent soon he said. Month later still nothing …

1 Like

Yeah I’m still waiting on the drives from that group buy as well and haven’t heard anything. I think he’s waiting on the adapters from skull boards he is including, which have been out of stock on their website forever.

I know it will be my last purchase from him if I ever get them

3 Likes

I want to try a chargeback but the money came straight out of my checking account at Bank of America, AND as previously said it was two years ago… I’d rather exhaust my options on the Carvon side before I go to the banking/legal side.

4 Likes

Start hurting his pocket, thats what he cares about

2 Likes