Carvon Discussion

That may be true. I rode them sensorless and they were too hot to touch and hold.

1 Like

No offense taken, just joking with the temperature comment.

I wish to believe it is possible but mine definitely do not and they work properly. Only footage I have seen beating the raptor 2 was with a 4wd torque drive setup.

2 Likes

The other day, I got the opportunity to use Raptor2 and EXO. Although there might be a difference in the setting of VESC, I felt that I could not win Raptor 2 in terms of acceleration power from low speed. But EXO has fun to turn the motor and maintain high rotation. Both are attractive.

I always thought they would be just a little less efficient than belts, but this consumption is huge

Maybe the 4WD setup is the only bit of information I am missing. I am still unsure of my purchase, the Motor design of the TD is somewhat similar to the Maytech hubs and I don’t want to get in the same shit again! I really would like to do a Urethane gear drive, but that’s just calling for trouble here. Japans public transport is just something I will never get back to again. That’s against the basic human right of dignity!

I am 200lb and a bit more with all my gear eg. Laptop charger clothes to change etc. I have to slow down and accelerate a bit. On a good day I can run them at 10WH per km.

1 Like

That’s better, same as my board

1 Like

Is it a hub motor for that? In Japan, the offense is heavily criticized. That is a very regrettable country for ESK8.

The Torque Drives are koowheel hub motors from their last generation with just the lip of the motor shaved off which is the edge for the replaceble hubthane. Mounted on a custom truck and an adapter for skatewheels screwed on the front. They use the same screw holes for the hub thane too.

3 Likes

Yes hubs are silent and stealth, up to now the police just asked me to step off my board and walk. Last month a guy got a huge fine for riding a hoover board here. Once i rode my hubs in BLDC and people sstarted yelling at me because of the noise. But I think I am doing really good to the Japanese society because I don’t pollute, save parking space and help by leaving space in the trains! :wink:

5 Likes

I’d love to bring my board to Japan. I think it would be perfect for getting around. I just don’t want to be “that” tourist haha.

2 Likes

Stealth property is necessary to ride esk8 in Japan public roads. At this time, there is no freedom of the Personal mobility in this country. :innocent: (off topic, sorry)

2 Likes

@goldrabe Did you get your td from the group buy in August ?

You have that much faith he will full fill his obligations to all his backers?

Met and ridden with him many times. He’s had great products before I even knew about DIY. His intentions is to sell a quality product, so yes I have more faith than most of you that doesn’t have a line of communication with him.

Also as mention way above. KS and IGG backers are risk takers. We back projects that has a chance of never becoming real. I’ve been burned once and now only back product from companies who has had previous products

5 Likes

Sure, I understand risk especially when it come to KS/IGG. He has been around and not new to the game, i figured risk is a minimum…until this. In your opinion, you think he is going to come through with the evo boards for ks backers?

As @Mikenopolis said you are just a customer, you have to wait and see. And most important you don’t have to ask something.

Unless death arrives, yes. He didn’t create CarvOn to scam people, but to create a product. He pays to have a few boards made, ships them out and puts in another order, I think it’s done this way maybe to not put all the eggs in one basket (like we did).

In case anyone missed it: I am making adapters for all Carvon Direct Drives to take real ABEC11 Flywheels. If you want to join on the GB, today is the last day to send me your info and pay!

1 Like

Look what just came today :heart_eyes: IMG_20181112_140807_306

14 Likes