Carvon Discussion

That is one the biggest problems with CarvOn. Communication, it doesn’t happen, so when boards are sent only the sender and recipients knows. Carvon doesn’t see a point in updating backer…I’ve tried advising him to, so going off of IGG update is pointless. The 10 boards are the recent production, there were boards sent out before those 10. Batteries, enclosures are being made and will be installed on the decks once it arrives, Jerry then puts on the torque drive on (already made) and the board gets shipped out.

Thanks for the info. Patiently waiting…trying at least lol

No it doesn’t.

I run them with 12s6p now and no they do not take off faster than a raptor 2. They match the speed though. On 97mm I get to 57kph on a good day.

Here is a youtube showing an evolve taking off quicker and no an evolve gt does not take off faster than a raptor 2 either.

Unless you believe an evolve gt takes of faster then a raptor 2, I can’t argue those smarts.

1 Like

Clearly there are numbers on your vesc settings that arent right. The acceleration on the TD are way higher than what you are getting. Even on 10s i am able to out perform the evolve on gt mode from the start. The reason why we say it beats the raptor 2 in acceleration and top speed its because we raced on the enertion LA even past month. And we did beat it.

2 Likes

Where is the proof?

1 Like

What does happen when you up the motor amps? Acceleration is the same?

97mm x 3.14 x 85kv x 36V x 60min = 55.9km/h

Torque drive is very good. Good cost performance. Although it may be defeated by torque to Raptor2, it can win at the highest speed. I like EXO very much. The elongation in the high speed range is wonderful. In FSESC 4.20 it may not be able to fully exploit the performance of torque drive.

Yeah, fingers crossed something comes out of it. I understand Jerry must be overwhelmed…

Are you running the 4.20 in FOC? What are your VESC settings eg. Motor. max Motor min. and Battery max? Where are you in Japan?

What are the vesc settings you use on the board that beat the raptor 2?

They can’t handle more amps. They hesitate when I do that unfortunately.

I’ll see if I can find that footage and post it.

I thought the total battery amps causing the motors to heat up not the motor max. I run the meepo hubs with 80 motor max and 20 battery max and they don’t get exceptionally hot. Maybe it’s an assumption of mine but I thought it’s this way.

*The numbers are for one motor.

I will use FOC. Motor MAX 35A Motor MIN -29A Battery MAX 8.5A battery Min -9A 300W to 330W when using watt limit.

It is a pretty modest setting. If flat and No wind, achieve 45km/h with 330 W output. The balance between the range and maximum speed is just right. If FSESC4.20 is Motor min stronger than -30A, cutoff will occur during braking. As far as I am using, -29A has not caused cutoff. But at -29A it is a little weak braking power. If use VESC for torque drive, FSESC 4.20 is not recommended much.

1 Like

You must not be riding them very hard. I rode them meepo motors with the same settings on 10s and 12s and definitely get hot.

The carvon torque drive just don’t want to take the juice any higher believe me I tried. They instantly stutter and I always go max throttle with take off when possible.

I think it’s because it has the weight of the wheel that it has to deal with instead of just the thin pu layer it would normally need to spin.

1 Like

Okay got it.

That is my commute from today, maybe i don’t ride hard but it’s one hour nonstop with some hills in between. Compared to the Maytech hubs they stay relatively cool.

4 Likes

Torque drive is dull at low speed, sharp at high rotation. Even if battery MAX is increased slightly it is dull at low rotation. Considering the balance with the range, it is more efficient to throw away the low rotation and turn it with high rotation. As you think, I think it is because it rotates a heavy full urethane wheel directly.

Yeah they run really cool at 0 degrees. Impressive.

Meepo hub motor has 5 sensor cables. I think that it probably does not have the motor temperature sensor. image

What i mean is that I can touch them afterwards. I am aware that they don’t have temperature sensors. I totally get what you say. I bought the TD in the group buy and just want to hear your findings no offense intended. But it’s not only @joeadams101 who says that they outperformed the Raptor it’s also @Mikenopolis from whom I don’t think that he needs to brag about those drives.

2 Likes