Carvon Discussion

No man, you got it backward. You must think your a Boosted or Raptor 2 backer. Being a Carvon backer means you pay first but get it last.

1 Like

It almost lends a boutique exclusive never know what or when you get it vibe that makes it mysterious and elusive . They are the “soup nazi” of esk8s.

1 Like

image https://the-hollywood-gossip-res.cloudinary.com/iu/s--FrnfYAIA--/t_full/cs_srgb,f_auto,fl_strip_profile.lossy,q_auto:420/v1393614763/soup-nazi-gif.gif

1 Like

Probably it may not be delivered to the backer unless it gains benefit from the general sale. In cloud funding, this is often the case. If CARVON sells a lot, delivery to backer may be done at an early stage. If you want to get delivered quickly, do not complain but advertise.:smile: Delivery will be accelerated as more money gathers.:wink: If CARVON sells more from the website, cloud funding backer should welcome it. I think @Lever is a sincere person.

The early bird of EXO is $ 759. This is probably a deficit. I am worried whether profits will be earned even at $1199. It is too cheap to assemble by hand.

3 Likes

You make it sound there’s no more money to build. Where did the backer’s money go? Frankly it’s not our problem. If you can’t deliver the goods, give us a refund simply as that. 18 months later and only four evo boards are produced? How many of the four are for backers? Are we suppose to celebrate when only one gets produced every three to four months (“Another one comes to life”)?

You know what…your right. He is in a deficit. He is losing money building those evo boards for the backers. That’s why he jacked up the price from $3k to $3500. Let see how many people are going to jump on that train. There goes my money down the effin drain. Thanks Jerry.

2 Likes

Money went straight to Chinese factories that requires a payment of their minimum order requirement.

For those who would like to read up on Indigogo’s terms:

Jerry did a horrible job at number 4. just horrible! yeah you @LEVer, Updating people on delays and progress shouldn’t be an issue. it’s almost 2019, that rectangular thing in your pocket has everything you need to give people just a bit of respect for handing over their money over a year ago.

4.) Legal obligations of Campaign Owners –Make good faith efforts to fulfill the Perks associated with a Campaign in the timeframe that is communicated to Contributors. –Immediately notify Contributors if there are obstacles or delays. –Respond promptly and truthfully to all questions posed to them by Contributors. –Provide substantive and quality updates at least once a month to Contributors. –If you have received the Contributions from your Campaign, issue refunds to Contributors if you cannot deliver Perks.

BUT then again you as a backer needs to understand that crowdfunding is a RISK. and there are no Guarantees

5.) Backing a Campaign –Voluntary Contributions. All Contributions are made voluntarily and at the sole discretion and risk of the Contributor. –No Guarantee. The date to deliver a Perk is an estimate by the Campaign Owner (not Indiegogo) and there is no guarantee that the Campaign Owner will fulfill and deliver the Perk by that date. Indiegogo does not guarantee that Contributions will be used as promised, that Campaign Owners will deliver Perks, or that the Campaign will achieve its goals. Indiegogo also does not endorse, guarantee, make representations, or provide warranties for or about the quality, safety, morality or legality of any Campaign, Perk or Contribution, or the truth or accuracy of User Content posted on the Services. –Limited Refund. Indiegogo offers a limited refund to Contributors only where the Campaign has not ended, the Contributor has not received a Perk (as confirmed by Indiegogo), and the Contribution has not been sent to the Campaign Owner (full terms of the Refund Policy apply). Indiegogo does not offer refunds outside of our Refund Policy. In any situation where refunds are not available under the Refund Policy, a Contributor should contact the Campaign Owner directly to request a refund.

Hi everyone. Just adding my weight to the same boat we’re all in. I went in on the REVO back when that was a thing on Kickstarter. $1750. That’s a lot of money for me. I had trust in the quality, which I still do, and that’s the only thing keeping me from driving to SoCal to ask for my money back in person. That, and the fact that I’d burn half the moolah from the refund on gas. You could say that I’ve learned a thing or two about investing. I’m backer #83 so if I ever see that sweet EVO delivered, I may have to mod it for a wheelchair.

4 Likes

If your optimistic, lets just say it takes LHB two weeks to crank out just one evo, that comes out to 26 -27 boards a year. You are looking at 3 years from now. If your negative, your money is down the drain with mine.

1 Like

Holy crap dude… that puts things into perspective. I WAS optimistic. I still am, honestly, but I was also optimistic about Malaysia flight 370. (My apologies to anyone affected.) Assuming LHB works on the EVO exclusively for three years is a big stretch. Perhaps Carvon could use some attention in the public relations and marketing sector (hah)… more sales = more hands to help. One to two person manufacturing is not sustainable, and it is technically not even manufacturing. It is individually replicating a functional finalized prototype. Onewheel comes to mind for success in prototype to manufacturing. But that’s apples to oranges. The carvon product is amazing and deserves to be invested in, which is why we’re all here. Unfortunately, most of us are not reaping the rewards of our investment. I mean, ARE there any rewards for our investment? @LEVer can you answer with a yes or a no? How committed are you to getting all of your BACKERS a finished product? You have made it clear that you are committed to the product itself.

And we have made it clear that we are committed to you, by the nature and frequency of our comments and questions, and by the forking over of our cash money. Even if you ignore us or don’t respond to us, we still have a relationship. Just like my relationship with my mom when I left for college lol. At the end of the day, she just wanted to know that I’m not dead in a ditch. And every so often I would have the five minutes on the pooper and the courtesy to say hey, I am still alive and functioning. Thanks for your investment in me. Then she probably slept better at night.

3 Likes

Just sharing my two cents over here. I received my exo pro last week and I am still waiting on an evo 2wd XL. I was just as frustrated as you guys are and tbh I was close to giving up hope. Communication is atrocious but the product I received is solid. This means progress is being made albeit rather slowly.

3 Likes

Jerry @LEVer seems to like doing updates when something big has happened from what i can see… an update is well needed tho

Any updates on UK orders ?

1 Like

Another week of silence… Sigh… @LEVer!

@PXSS Your XL purchased from the website is shipped, we just got done with the Group Buy through PayPal. Thanks for the patience.

@themegak We have emailed you, please reply. You’re the only one left on the PayPal GB list.

6 Likes

What? Does that mean my XL’s have been shipped? I was part of the GB, and I did not receive any tracking information.

Nothing new about the exo pro?

Is my xl in the making?

where did carvon go? iv been waiting for my sdxl’s for almost a year :confused: