Carvon Discussion

Damn man, I really bad about that. I already have an idea of this board is going to ride and believe me those motors are that good. It’s one of the reasons why I didn’t hesitate to pay full retail price once I saw the new upgrades for Exo Pro(bigger battery, full sleeved motor cans). I’ve put more than 300 miles on the torque drives and have only recently swapped them out with the XL drives. Those torque drives can definitely take a beating especially in the rough NYC streets. Hang in there, those boards are coming.

1 Like

very nice :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I noticed you got a raw baseplate instead of black. I wonder if Jerry ran out of black or something. I think the pivot cup is shaped a little different too. I’m assuming these are all 50° baseplates?

I guess I ordered the silver, honestly I don’t remember.

No Jerry literally had to make a new one for his which was one of the cause for his specific delay.

1 Like

It’s here! Gotta say, I wasn’t expecting the deck to look this good. Really dig the rubber gasket around the enclosure and on the enclosure bolts as well. Gonna charge this baby up and take it for a spin. With a 41.5v 1.5A charger…:unamused:

8 Likes

20180920_153656

The enclosure is going to be the hard part.

5 Likes

20180920_153647

2 Likes

Anyone know where I can find this same baseplate that Jerry uses for thee XL drives? @LEVer @Mikenopolis

Also what front truck would you recommend pairing with these drives?

I run a Surf-Rodz RKP 200mm Hangar with 60mm axles to match the same width as the XL drives. I use one 10mm and one 5mm spacer coming out from the hangar.

Edit: 60mm axles work fine.

1 Like

I wish I could order just 1 and not have to order a set. Anyone wanna split a set?

I’m really disappointed to see all this. Us backers on Indiegogo pledged 65k last year at this time and we can’t even get an update since march? I have emailed, I have pmdd and I have asked for a refund and I have heard nothing. This is absurd. I don’t care how hard anybody’s working to put these things together you have an obligation to update your campaign backers. Without an update I just assume our money has been stolen.

1 Like

Have you looked into credit card chargeback? I believe that’s how some people have gotten their money back

Thanks for the response! I don’t know if you can do that on Indiegogo. I thought that was one of the stipulations to backing a campaign. It may not work out. I got burned on something a couple years ago from a total startup and I haven’t backed anything else since but carvon is a existing company, it seemed like I didn’t have anything to worry about. At the end of the day I think pretty much all of us on that campaign still want our boards. We just want to know what’s going on.

I’m assuming you are an EXO Pro backer?

Majority of the delay now is decks. Literally ran out of decks from what I was told. Drives are made. Batteries and enclosures are being made, it’s just decks now. Why did Jerry not order them in bulk? No idea.

CarvOn has been selling drives for a while. I feel like this EXO and EVO thing is just him biting off more than he could chew. But at least he’s still chewing.

1 Like

Carvon is not shipping anything since a year. I have ordered and paid for an EVO 2WD about 1.5 years ago. Although first emails were kindly answered by Jerry, he simply stopped answering after 6-7 month. I have now not received any answers to the last 7 emails. I am extremely disappointed and advise anyone to avoid it. Although it did not start as such, it is now a scam! Not to mention the 67 backers on Kickstarter who paid and never received anything either.

I ordered my EVO 2WD 1.6 years ago and still haven’t received anything nor any reply to my last 7 emails. Not sure how you did it, but it certainly feels like a scam! Enjoy though

I have ordered on their website and paid for an EVO 2WD about 1.6 years ago. Although first emails were kindly answered by Jerry, he simply stopped answering after 7-8 months. I have now not received any answers to the last 7 emails for almost a year. This certainly feels like a scam!

people have been receiving their orders. do you know what the word “scam” means?

Scam has different meanings. Stary delivered a few boards to backers and scammed kind of 1000 guys. For those Who got a board maybe they are fine. For the rest they are scammers. Imho they are not legit until they deliver 100% of the units. Stary has been selling boards to NEW customers while forgetting those who made it real. I see a point here.

1 Like