Carvon Discussion

Thanks for the quick answer too. I can’t wait!!!

Maybe you can find some hardware to press it yourself and not have to ship

@okp is the shredder in Paris…also known as UNiKBOARDS or RideWithOKP on the interwebs

3 Likes

I have was having trouble with my V4 too, and have now got all the tools needed to pull them apart get get them back together. I currently have one side of my V4 completely disassembled and waiting on a replacement part to get it all running right again.

So if you need any help on how to get everything taken apart to try and fix it, I might be able to help. The biggest thing that will help with figuring out what is wrong is getting the can off to see inside and why its not sitting right.

Taking it off is easy, just get the 4 screws out and pull it off. Getting it back on is the challenging part because the magnets pull the can off center when trying to get it mounted right.

1 Like

Did you put the spacer between the wheel and motor too when you put the wheels back on? I see the spacer on the other one, but couldn’t tell if the other one has it.

If you’re missing the spacer let me know, I’ll send it to you.

2 Likes

I checked the Meepo charger and it does look like that. It looks like a laptop charger plug.

2 Likes

@LEVer could you plz pm me? It would very much appreciated. Thanks so much!

yes nice, thats the charger from the meepo and raptor 2. so i can use the 4a charger for all 3 boards :+1:t2:

thanks for that!

Hi i wrote a email to [email protected] but i get no answer from this mail, is it correct?

Please PM me.

Wow read this thread from the start…took me about 4 1/2 hours (did stop for lunch)

A roller coaster ride indeed…with a few bumps along the way.

Glad too see the hands on community involvement with stepping in to assist.

Will be keeping an eye on updates and look forward too seeing the XL’s arriving to owners in hopefully the not too distant future :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

No it doesn’t slip out it drives actualy normally. Just I’d rather not use them before we find the problem.

Not sure there’s a problem if it drives normally, but I’ll send you a longer wheel-to-motor spacer. Also, I would highly recommend putting heat shrinks on the wheel adapters, doing this will help in pushing the rotor in. You may not even need the longer wheel-to-motor spacer.

Go easy on the heat when installing the heat shrinks and highly recommend to remove them from the motor so as not to heat up the bearing.

2 Likes

Alright mate, I hope it will help ! But I have to say that I decline all responsibility if the right motor breaks during a ride in the near future. I will go buy a 10 mm steel bar with 8 mm hole inside to dismantle the motor and see if there’s a problem inside before riding it, never too cautious with these. After all they are speed monsters. I’ll PM you once I have dismantled the drive and will tell you if I find anything suspicious. Thanks

No need to dismantle it if you’re just putting a longer spacer between the wheel and motor.

The issue is the rotor sliding off from the inside bearing. Most of the time, this happens when someone revs the motor too fast without bracing the rotor. Centrifugal forces pushes/slides the rotor out if there is no bearings or spacers to keep it in place.

Once you put the wheels (which has the bearings and spacers inside it) and the wheel-to-motor spacer on to the axle and tighten it with the axle nut, then the rotor does not push/slide out because there is something preventing it from doing so.

On rare occasions, the wheel-to-motor spacer may be too short and not able to push everything towards the center, then a longer one will solve this. Another part that helps to push the rotor is the wheel itself via the wheel adapters. If you do not have heat shrinks on the teeth/prongs of the adapters, then there can be gaps which can also prevent from pushing everything towards the center of the truck.

I used the spacer you furnished with the drive so I think then it’s what you said and it’s too short. I will as well add heatshrink asap and test ride the drive ! What I don’t get is why it happened to one motor and not the other since it’s exactly in the same configurations. Tests will tell ! Thanks for all hope it will be resolved soon :slight_smile:

A little update… XL hangers just need to be flipped to enable other sides to be machined. I’ll ask @psychotiller about status on Wednesday when I go to his place to pick up more EXO Pro battery packs and enclosures.

Speaking of EXO Pro, we start shipping them to Indiegogo backers this week. Update posted on IGG.

20180820_111914%20(2)

20180820_112209%20(4)

20180820_150653%20(2)

20180820_145649%20(2)

The EXO Pro is also available on our website and ships between 1 - 2 business days after ordering. We are working on the EVO 2WD and will give an update on them very soon.

11 Likes

Ummm Jerry. I know I’m OCD. But I don’t think that enclosure is centered? And the esc is at a slight angle. Driving me nuts!

3 Likes

Haha, I better have you install your own enclosure and ESC on your board then.

The ESC and battery pack are connected with a flexible adapter. They can be at a 90 degree angle and they will still work.:wink:

6 Likes