Carvon Discussion

Nope, never was. Always wanted to offer a non-vesc board with a solid-connecting remote. Just get-up and go, no messing around.

And now with the 30Q cells and higher discharge BMS, it actually has more startup torque and range. Did not record top speed but it’s up there. Been riding it all afternoon yesterday and I’m impressed. It’s definitely a CARVON now.

All good!

6 Likes

Thanks In the remote’s datasheet it’s told that led will be green between 100% and 40%,Red between 40% and 12,5% and blink Red when <12,5%. It’s ok but I think it’s not too accurate / precise. It’s possible to add an indicator like this ? s-l1000

Reminder: I do NOT work for CarvOn

Although I understand people wanting a LCD indicator on the board and VESC…first,the IGG EXO was not at the price point of using dual VESCs. It was priced at modifying Koowheels. with the upgraded battery and having to essentially toss the KW batteries there is a loss of money.

Secondly, you can probably add this in yourself? not 100% sure where the wire leads would need to go on the KW ESC though. Lets not make the delay longer by asking for more parts to arrive and having to dremel holes and solder two wires. The 30Q battery is already a great upgrade.

10 Likes

It was only a question so take it easy. ( and I suggested that this could be an option) And after a delivery delay of several months I think that backers are not a week away to have a product that is more practical. What do you think?

If I took it any easier it would just be not saying anything I guess. I wasn’t trying to be mean. You’re probably not a DIY builder (yet?) Most of us here have a mindset of DIY which is why I respond that way. Jerry will decide on that LCD request

5 Likes

That LCD is more headache. The connector behind it easily falls off. Then your board will be out of commission with just a simple disconnection. We can hot glue the heck out of it, but it’s really not necessary with the indicator on the remote. It’s also hard to install it on a somewhat flexible enclosure.

1 Like

The EXO will be my first board( I hope not the last) I’m a “diyselfer” for a lot of things but I’m a noob in the world of eskate. So For my first board I prefer to let a pro make this Imagine that I broke the enclosure or I make a hole at a wrong\bad place…

1 Like

It won’t be practical if it keeps breaking down. Honestly, the EXO Pro is as practical as it can get, with the features of performance longboarding thrown into it.

As a first board, you really would like to concentrate on the ride. Make sure it rides well…and rides well for a long time. If you’ve been riding for a long time, you can actually sense when you’re battery is starting to drain, even without the gauges.

4 Likes

Ok Thanks for your support

No worries, and thanks so much for the patience. I know most of you guys are gonna have the EXO Pro as your first board and are not really into DIY (yet?). So I needed to make sure that the board will be durable and more consumer-grade than the other boards. I’m happy to announce it is now and we will start shipping them out next week. Will update IGG page today too.

5 Likes

will I be getting mine at Dave’s on Friday?

hmmmm I build my own battery for a board I paid you for? that would be some inception stuff man hahaha

3 Likes

Not sure if Dave would have the 40A BMS by then, but I have the 35A BMS here an it’s great already. Dave has a bunch of 35A BMS.

Ugh, Friday traffic on LA and OC county :disappointed:

1 Like

I was just kidding. you know me, perfectly willing to sit at the back of the line

I know it’s short notice but I’ll be at the bike path “north” of Santa Monica Pier this Saturday 11AM to 1PM. I’ll bring the EXO Pro and the EVO Falcon 2WD. I’m hoping to make this a weekly thing, so anyone who wants a test/demo ride, be there.

7 Likes

For all of you worried that the Exo is using koowheel parts. Let me assure you that the koowheel 2nd gen is underrated beyond belief. Unfortunately the reputation of the first gen carried over to the 2nd gen which is a shame.

The ESC on this thing has Vesc level smoothness. Sure you can’t customise it but the way it is configured out of the box is as smooth as you can get it. Rock solid connection to the remote and the motors are designed for 97mm hubs. If you want even more torque, drop down to 90mm abecs on the carvon torque drives or go upto 107mm if you want more top speed.

I weigh 75 kilos fully decked out and never met a hill i cant climb easily on 97mm hubs. The koowheel electronics are also dirt cheap. A new PCB can be had for around 100 euros and remotes go for around 40 and its a very nice remote at that. Has vibration, dual speed modes and frankly, i like the way it feels in the hand. super soft high quality fitness band feel to it.

5 Likes

Do you have any pics of the completed EXO pro as well as the Falcon? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bahaha Great question! will you be putting an LCD on yours?

Here’s my EXO Pro test board:

20180815_134226

The motors still have old/short urethane covers that don’t cover it all the way. The ones shipping will have the new urethane covers.

Doing the EVO Falcon 2WD right now, the enclosure is a bit more tricky to install. But will definitely have it Saturday.

6 Likes

Looking good. Question. Do you think its possible to mount an exo pro onto a Falcon deck? I know the enclosure will have to change obviously but is that possible?

Did you change the esc->battery connector to xt60?