Carvon Discussion

2carvon

So this is what the inside of the motor looks like. The bearing in the middle is what the can gets screwed into and goes over the silver end of the stator. The black plate on the right side is the part that slides over the hanger and connects everything to the hanger. It screws into the silver part of the stator with 3 screws and sandwiches the bearing between the stator and itself.

This is all based on the v4 that I have and I am not sure if the are all identical, but the bearing on mine is thicker than the silver mounting part that it slides over on the stator.

carvon%20motor%20bearing

but in your photo it looks as if the silver part from the stator is poking out the end of the bearing.

4fa7c990af730168e28324e5e20ed7c030b91bc6

You would be able to tell if you removed the 4 screws and took the can off. But the can be hard to get back on because the magnets pull it to the side making it difficult to align.

2 Likes

I tried that recently but the screw were really hard to remove and I didn’t wanted to destroy the screw lid… Because if I destroy this it will be impossible to remove the rotor can. in your opinion is it dangerous to ride ?

Based on how mine is put together, I would not ride it until you know more. Does it spin the same as the other side or make any kind of strange noise when rotated?

1 Like

I had a strange noise with a lot of resistance when I received the drive, I had a click at each magnet. But the strange part is that once I powered the drive train the resistance and noise was gone, I have riddent the drive for 2 days then I had the gap and removed the drive for safety.it’s sitting on my bench for almost 2 month now ! @LEVer help and insights would be much appreciated !

You can completely remove the urethane and it will be like the one you previously had where there were no urethane covers on it at all. In fact, it will be even better since the steel flux ring that covers the motors are thicker at 3mm wall, the previous one only had 1mm wall thickness.Since you liked the previous version, you can go ahead and remove them.

If you have the wheels, bearings and spacers all installed and tighten by the axle nut, the rotor shouldn’t push out like that unless there is a gap between the wheels and motors. The wheels will push them in and the spacers will allow you to crank the axle nut tight without squeezing the bearings.

2 Likes

Alright I will remove the urethane then thank you.

I am not sure you understood my problem, can you check the picture posted 3 post above ? It’s from my drive where a huge gap between the hanger and the rotor can created itself. What’s the solution for this ? Thank you !

I know. It shouldn’t happen since the wheel, bearings and spacers will push the rotor back towards the center of the truck when tightened up by the axle nut. Can you show me a picture of the motor and wheel connection? I’d like to know if there is a gap between them. And you’re welcome!

1 Like

@LEVer Unfortunately I only have the pics I have already posted on the forum I’m away from France right now. I’ll send you everything by PM once I get back so we find a solution.

All I can say for now it’s that it happened while the wheel nuts etc Were on the drive so something must be wrong. We’ll find out sooner or later :slight_smile:

Okay, let me know. Thanks.

2 Likes

XL update? Any eta?

I just read this. Wow, are you accusing of not answering the phone when I have been calling you all the time and “it’s you who is not answering the phone”? I emailed, called and texted you since you’ve had the axles and motor collars for 3 weeks and you have not replied.

The only time you replied to me is when your were called up here in the forum again. Then you tell me you have this condition. Okay, fine, but can’t you hire someone to do the XL hangers. I hope you have more than just that one hanger by now. It’s not like you have no resources because I hear that you just bought another company and is expanding your shop.

So when is this gonna happen Chris? I rented the space from you and you never even cleared your stuffs out of it. It got me too depressed that I stopped going there. But I don’t care about that anymore. I just want the XL hangers so I can finally give it to the guys that bought and are still waiting for it. I’ve been crucified and remained silent for far too long.

8 Likes

I’m generating the toolpath right now and gathering all tools needed. I’m committed in doing this and delivering to you guys. Gonna show something soon, not just talk.

9 Likes

Isn’t the 3/8 size too small? Don’t you mean 5/8 or even 3/4?

The heat shrinks to fit ABEC 11 Flywheels for “clone” wheel adapters are 3/8".

The heat shrinks to remove the play/movement of ABEC 11 Flywheels on “ABEC 11 Flywheel” adapters are 3/4.

The clone adapters have thinner prongs than the Flywheel adapters.

How’s this coming along? Are hangers machined?

I’m working with @psychotiller to help me have them done. Once it’s done, I owe him big time and y’all should buy something from him. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Glad you found some experienced hands to help you out! Is there any rough eta on when you’ll be ready to ship?

Cells are here Mike! Let me know when you want to help put some packs together.

8 Likes

Full child duty this week since the wife is traveling. I’m taking Friday off work. let me know what time I can drop by!

4 Likes

1 Like