Carvon Discussion

Made the base of the wheel adapter extend more, so now it’s almost 50% urethane/50% aluminum for SpeedDrive R and 70/30 for XL. XL is a bigger motor and has lower kv so should handle heat better.

20180805_111441

Don’t mind the gouged cut, I tried to put a chamfer on the urethane…bad idea.

5 Likes

Thank you for continuing support and patience. We’re talking to psychotiller.com for the battery pack and enclosure. We will have a picture out soon.

3 Likes

The battery packs for EVO 4WD are being made, will start shipping to early KS backers soon. The 2WD will follow right away, we are going to use @Eboosted enclosure.

20180611_100517

New orders of EVO 2WD will be on the Landyachtz Evo Falcon deck. Pending orders have option to choose Evo classic/longer deck or Falcon deck.

No word from ABEC11 about XL hangers. Setting up our own CNC to make an initial run. We’re making wheel adapters for Kegel cores and ABEC11 adapters for TorqueDrives.

9 Likes

So does this mean @longhairedboy is no longer making the Evo’s? He built the first Evos enclosures and I thought their batteries as well. Who’s going to be taking over their construction now?

He’s the one I’m referring to that’s building the battery packs right now. He’s concentrating on the 4WD atm since he already has 9 enclosures with him. The 4WD enclosure is different from the 2WD enclosure. The 4WD enclosure is from LHB and it’s bigger.

He’s also doing the 2WD, once we get the enclosures from Ebooted. We’re just starting builds on what we have already.

1 Like

Oh ok. So @psychotiller isn’t going to be doing the batteries then? Or is he just focusing on a specific battery for one of your models?

May I ask, what kind of ESC’s do you use in your builds?

What’s your order number? Lol

2 Likes

I’m sorry, are you only allowed to ask questions if you’ve already purchased? Someone interested in a product has to buy it first before they may inquire about it? FYI I had ordered two drives, but requested a refund because of the lack of updates. That doesn’t mean that I still am not interested in the product, so I ask questions.

2 Likes

Yes, Dave is doing the batteries for the EXO Pro, not the EVO.

The EXO Pro has the new Koowheel ESC which works very well with their new remote and new motors. The EVOs have VESC.

3 Likes

I’m so honored man! Working on your high profile carvon logo

8 Likes

We’re really guilty in the communication department. The truth is, we actually get more sales when we communicate. That in itself sounds good, but if we have to pass along those sales money to vendors/suppliers that do not deliver or deliver with wrong specs, then we’re screwed.

So we have been spending our time building the product itself, so we can be sure of timelines, specs, quality, iterations, etc. Case in point, coming up with this extended wheel adapter in such short notice is really a great benefit for us. Having our own CNC machines have made us control the production more. Soon we will be able to machine the hangers and other parts.

4 Likes

For those asking and to get back on topic about the thread, we are not selling drives-only anymore. We really prefer that we also control the configuration that our drives will go onto, so we’re on complete boards from now on. There are some members that bought multiples, so they may be willing to sell their extras. Still need to deliver on XLs and we’re working hard on it.

Now about the no-grip remote control…:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Start back on the remote glove. And the original single motor dual drive?

How does this wheel adapter work? Does it slide over the metal sleeve?

Also if I order this now from your website do I get this one or the one that is displayed from the site?

I want to order this one.

Next to ordering the extended wheel adapter I’d also like to order the abec 11 adapter for the torque drive. When will it be ready? I’d like to order them both at the same time to avoid double shipping.

At the moment i’m building 4WD evos, i was commissioned one and it shipped, and was just commissioned for two more. I have not built an EXOs or rear wheel drive EVOs yet other than my initial prototype. Plans seem to constantly be in flux.

A lot of people ask me where they all are. I build them as quickly as i receive parts and get paid for them. That’s all i can really say about it, unfortunately.

7 Likes

You will get the longer and latest wheel adapters which comes out as around 50% urethane and 50% aluminum. The urethane is on the part which scrapes the ground if you go on and off driveways or speed bumps. The aluminum part hardly gets scraped. The new adapters just slides over the steel flux ring, and screwed on just like the wheel adapters you have now.

3 Likes

you should post a picture of them disassembled so they can see how simple it is to swap.

3 Likes

EVO 4WD and 2WD will be built by @longhairedboy with 4WD enclosure coming from him and 2WD enclosure coming from @eboosted.

To build things quicker, I solicited @psychotiller’s help to build EXO Pro battery and enclosure. Just made the order to buy 30Q cells for initial run.

I will concentrate on the drives and their assembly. With the CNC, I’m producing parts that would have taken me a month to wait for. So things are moving on.

7 Likes

Hey Jerry! Let me know when @psychotiller gets the batteries. I can drop by once or twice a week for a few hours and help out!

5 Likes